Search results

1. T

after 3 months, 3000 miles now with the Kerma tune in my '13

About 4 months ago I got the dreaded "200 miles to no start" Adblue-related code and decided to throw in the towel and get a tune: (a) I did not have confidence the dealer would be able to remedy the situation on a long term basis; (b) I knew the emissions system for this car was FUBAR and...
  2. T

Original battery - finally died with no advance warning

My '013 was on its factory battery more than 9 years. Today it finally died, but gave no advance warning that it was about to give out. When it died and I tried to start it, the display went absolutely berzerk and the clock started moving backwards, all kinds of stupid things, and of course...
  3. T

excessive regens '13 Passat

Well, about a month ago I had the local dealer replace the EGR valve due to a fault code showing up. Now, my car is entering DPF regeneration approximately every 80-100 miles. Mostly highway driven, speeds 45-70 mph. Car is not babied. Before it was more like 250 miles or so. I pulled the...
  4. T

EGR in a CKRA (2013)

I had a P2413 code (EGR fault) show up my '13 and the local dealer is replacing it under the extended warranty. Do these valves tend to soot up bad? And where exactly is it located? My '05 Passat EGR valve would soot up considerably and need a good cleaning every 20,000 miles, but in my '13...
  5. T

DPF readings?

I just installed Car Scanner Pro app on my phone to monitor and display engine parameters. I am trying to figure out which of the available sensors is the one to look at to understand where the DPF is at and when a regen might be ready to start. The relevant ones I can find are: DPF delta...
  6. T

intake manifold flap mechanism

Does anyone have a photo or can explain where this device is? I need to inspect it as I am getting an P2100 "emissions workshop" code.
  7. T

DEF fluid - hardly using any

I just did an oil change in my '2013 Passat and filled up the ad-blue tank. My consumption of DEF fluid is less than one quart in almost 5,000 miles. This is about the same or a bit less than what my car was using since Day 1 when I bought the car new. I thought post-fix the DEF fluid...
  8. T

parking outside - don't neglect your drains

For the last 2 years my '05 has been parked outside. I live in an area with a lot of evergreen trees. Pine needle debris turns to mud and my drains under the battery tray and below the brake booster were really clogged up good. So I cleaned the area thoroughly and removed the rubber drains, as...
  9. T

outside mirror rattle fixed

I have been living with an annoying rattle from the passenger side rear view mirror so I finally decided to do something about it. The problem was not delamination of the mirror from the backing, which is often the culprit. I popped out the mirror by hand (after adjusting it so that it was...
  10. T

G12+ coolant

Has a consensus emerged on whether the heater core problems in a Gen2 (2013) Passat with G13 factory coolant are going to recur with G13 coolant after the heater core is replaced? Is a changeover of the coolant to G12+ coolant necessary for longevity of the heater core? I just had a heater...
  11. T

sunroof drains

I started parking my car outside instead of the garage for the first time a year go and decided to make sure the drains were clear. Never checked them before. After trying to fish a weed-wacker line down the drains in front of the sunroof they eventually stuck, probably at the lower end...
  12. T

P026A code and intercooler buildup

2013 Passat TDI SE, 28,00 miles I have had a series of P026A codes and have been getting fouling of the IAT sensor at the top of the intercooler. So, I removed the hose from the bottom of the intercooler and a good a mount of greenish/blackish gunk had accumulated, which I cleaned up with shop...
  13. T

dumb question -removing lower hose on intercooler

I have had a fouling of the air sensor at the top of the intercooler, triggering a CEL light and P026A code. It was suggested to remove the large rubber hose at the bottom of the intercooler to clean up and remove any accumulated oil/sludge that might be contributing to the fouling. I dropped...
  14. T

Cleaned MAF sensor

I finally got around to cleaning the MAF sensor after 12 years and 72,000 miles. I immediately noticed more power, peppier and ~ 2 mpg improvement. Used CRC MAF sensor spray cleaner. What is the name for the 5 star tool that fits the weird fasteners holding the sensor to the tube? I want to...
  15. T

FS 2005 Passat TDI low miles 1 owner $ 9500, WA

FS 2005 Passat TDI low miles 1 owner $ 7000, WA For sale is my 1 owner, 72,000 miles 2005 Passat TDI sedan. Silver exterior and gray interior. Purchased new in Seattle WA February 2005 and spent its entire life in Washington State. In January 2017 at ~ 61,000 miles I did a preventative balance...
  16. T

2005 Passat TDI only 67,500 miles

Testing the waters on interest in my 2005 BHW Passat GLS TDI. Only 67,500 miles. One owner. Silver exterior with grey leatherette interior. Rust free. Garage kept since new. Never chipped or modified, except that a preventative balance shaft delete was performed January 2017 at 61,500...
  17. T

EGR cleaning overdue !

My '05 Passat sedan has only 64,500 miles and is completely stock -- except I did a preventative balance shaft delete in January 2017 at 61,500 miles. I checked the EGR valve today and wow, it had a lot of crud in it. It had never been removed and cleaned before now (i'm the original owner)...