Search results

1. T

MN Chat Thread

Possibly. 03L253010J I think is the part. I've found some dealers show "limited stock" while other show "back ordered." I think we all know that's not a good sign. It does show available through ECS Tuning, and I'd trust their inventory control to be more accurate than the dealer network.
  2. T

2013 Passat starts then immediately stalls

Thanks Tom. I guess I'm fairly aware of what's involved from a removal/installation standpoint and not afraid of it given previous experiences with engines/transmissions/suspension work. I was looking more for information related to recommendations on what to replace it with, i.e. packages of...
  3. T

MN Chat Thread

Thanks again for the recommendation on Precision Imports. I had the car towed there last week and they called Friday with the bad news, blown turbo. Too bad I'm 10k miles past the extended emissions warranty. They quoted $4,700 for replacement of the turbo and oil pump. At that price and...
  4. T

Given the nature of pricing of things and having heartburn with the initial quote, if I were to attempt to replace it myself, what recommendations do people have? I'm in MN, so there is no emissions testing and would plan to hold on to it for quite a while after repairing.
  5. T

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

My 2013 Passat TDI, just blew it's turbo. 157K miles, about 10K miles out of diesel gate warranty.
  6. T

I ended up having the car towed to a reputable independent German auto repair shop. Diagnosis just came back as a failed turbo. Too bad this didn't happen 10k miles earlier, would have been covered under the extended emissions warranty. Any ideas on how much I should expect to pay for a...
  7. T

MN Chat Thread

thanks for the feedback
  8. T

MN Chat Thread

I'm located just northwest of the metro and have a problem with my 2013 Passat (see link below). Any recommendations on shops? I have been to Minnesota German Autowerks in Montrose previously for a timing belt/water pump replacement and had no complaints. Just curious as to what else might be...
  9. T

Thanks for the heads up. That is surprising to hear as it definitely smelled like it was doing some sort of regen while idling the other night.
  10. T

Thanks for the response. I replaced the fuel filter at the same time I replaced the glow plug (December) as it was about 10k miles past due. I also confirmed via VCDS that I'm building appropriate fuel pressure while cranking.
  11. T

2013 Passat SEL TDI - 157,000 miles No engine or emissions modifications, no tune, 10k miles past diesel gate extended warranty Current status: Car will crank for an extended period of time, idle for 2-5 seconds and stall. How we got there: As far as I can tell, some symptoms started showing...
  12. T

How long are people waiting on previous claims

Just got the offer letter in the mail today dated 1/15/2018. I then check the portal and it is still stuck on step 15. ***, it doesn't take 20 days to mail something and there is no reasonable explanation this couldn't be done on the portal. Just stupid.
  13. T

Chrysler Diesel Cheat?

"And unlike in the VW settlement, the terms under discussion between Fiat Chrysler and the U.S. don’t include a requirement to buy back any vehicles." I would take this to mean, restitution highly unlikely.
  14. T

How long are people waiting on previous claims

agree with everything you said. 6 months waiting on mine, total b.s. My gen 1 2.0 claim at the beginning of all this went faster and that was during the initial rush of a significantly higher population
  15. T

MN Chat Thread

I was able to get it taken care of last night.
  16. T

MN Chat Thread

I'm curious if anyone can help me out.... I have 2013 Toureg TDI and just installed the factory hitch (7P0-092-135) and wiring package (7P1-055-203). Install went fine, but the brake lights on the trailer don't work. All of the other lights function properly, but the brakes do not. I've read...
  17. T

Never sold 0 milage dealership 2016 tdi's. Anybody trying to buy one?

Saying they are sold is significantly misleading. There is a big difference between sitting on the lot with a "sold" sticker and actually driving off the lot. I have no idea if they are available yet for delivery or not.
  18. T

Never sold 0 milage dealership 2016 tdi's. Anybody trying to buy one?

They can't, try actually calling one and they'll say it's not available
  19. T

Q5 3.0 (Gen Two) question - lease ending

Dr. Chill, thanks for the clarification
  20. T

vw dealers selling fixed and buyback tdi"s..

Surfstar is the only person in that thread which had a useful response. He gave examples, everyone else was speculating on something they hadn't even taken 5 minutes to research. Do a basic search on Craigslist or any national car search engine in the last month and it's flooded with fixed 2.0...