Search results

1. C

How do I know if my balance shaft has been deleted?

Car is an 05. I bought it at 170k miles with a recently installed cam, timing belt, water, and oil pump. It had been manual swapped for 20k miles. The seller couldn't tell me if it had the balance shaft removed. I blew the turbo at about 175k miles and have read that it might have been starved...
  2. C

Broke turbo oil feed line, need help getting creative

Driving well and holding 22psi
  3. C

Just fired her up and no leaks. Still on jacks but running well. The oil line is doing it's job. I'll know soon if the intercooler is doing it's job, but I think it will
  4. C

Window parts needed

My 99 Passat 1.8t driver's window failed today. Took it apart and found some broken, but not completely, plastic bits that hold the window in. I either need to find these pieces or some really good adhesive to hold them together
  5. IMG_20231102_180254155.jpg

IMG_20231102_180254155.jpg

Driver's window
  6. IMG_20231102_180249270.jpg

IMG_20231102_180249270.jpg

Driver's window 2
  7. IMG_20231028_145635391.jpg

IMG_20231028_145635391.jpg

8. C

Well, I couldn't help but buy the 33 dollar line from that guy y'all said not too, it showed up today and looks good, bends are spot on. I also got an intercooler from him since I blew the turbo and the comp wheel looked a bit mangled. I'm hoping that if any bits of metal came off they were...
  9. C

No gasket for the turbo I see, weird that they include an intake manifold gasket
  10. C

I got the turbo off the manifold with a vice grip, phew. There wasnt a gasket... Probably should be one. Got the oil line off, just like you said hammer, pulled the fuel filter housing and slipped it right out. There was only one copper washer on it, should be one on each end of the banjo bolt...
  11. C

Thanks for the link I did not know about hans
  12. C

Thanks Seatman, I do like irwin tools I found the oil line for much cheaper! https://www.hansautoparts.com/038145771L-OilSupplyLine.aspx
  13. C

Do you have a link Jarhead? I just rounded one of the turbo to manifold nuts, looks like I'm pulling the manifold. I wonder if there is an upgraded/better manifold for the BHW
  14. C

https://www.europaparts.com/turbo-oil-feed-line-038145771l.html?gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjws9ipBhB1EiwAccEi1DCk52TiXd_P07KYGd-aawwgterpMyvHUErSM_7BUGymOA9KgBR4hxoCSPgQAvD_BwE Damn, 200 bucks. You really don't think I should flare it with a flexible line and fitting?
  15. C

Thanks hammer. Is there a way to get the turbo off without taking the mount off the block?
  16. C

Is it higher pressure than oil pressure somehow?
  17. C

Do you know where I can get one? I'm not sure where the other end even goes
  18. C

I'm trying to take the turbo off, worried about rounding the head more than snapping it. Haven't looked for a replacement, can't see where the other end goes, looks like a lot of stuff in the way
  19. C

Hey all, While replacing my turbo on my 05 Passat I snapped the line right at the fitting going into the turbo. I'm thinking I can cut it back as far as needed and put on a flexible line then fitting to turbo? Or I could try to keep the whole hard line and reflare it, but I am missing the...