Search results

1. B

JSW, Manual solid (no pano) roof in MD

Saw on FB this AM. No knowledge of the car & no affiliation. But, a rare listing for a manual trans, NO Pano roof relatively low milage JSW. Good luck to those that might have interest. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1535392470371404/
  2. B

CJAA Valve/Piston interference question

Can anyone please share definitive information on how much tolerance there is in the timing of the CJAA cams before valve/piston interference occurs? Background: CJAA engine, slipped timing belt resulting from S belt failure caused by seized idler pulley (less than 40K on new). Engine...
  3. B

Intermittent CEL Question

'12 JSW CJAA, Intermittent CELS for Steering angle, Traction Control, ABS, light, & TPM (sometimes flashes). High resistance in the dash fuse box? Ground? TIA.
  4. B

WTB, JSW or GSW

Looking to purchase a 10 to 14 JSW or 15 GSW. looking for the unicorn: Ideally, No Pano w/ 6 sd manual, but will consider other combinations depending upon milage, service, mods, condition, color, etc. Please PM. Thank you.
  5. B

'15 GSW sale data needed.

2015 GSW, S, 6 Spd, Manual 30K miles. Need values. I lost, CTL, a 2015 GSW, in IAN. The car had: RC1+ tune, HD skid plate, 3M Crystaline film, 2" hitch with harness, weather tech mats, Gorilia Gear, Cargo Liner, cross bars, accident free, perfect body & interior. White/Cornsilk. The...
  6. B

Flood damage

Looking for comments and guidance & first hand experience with those with flood damage modern era VW & TDIs in particular. 1 of mine was caught in Ian. Water-flood damage, At time of immersion, engine was cold, electrically dead battery disconnected (it was in storage). I am experienced with...
  7. B

Air in clutch line assistance needed.

Air in the clutch system assistance needed. 2012 JSW, CJAA, 6 sad, manual. 185K miles. Recent DMF, clutch & slave cylinder (LUK parts) replacement. R&R went smoothly without issue. I vacuumed bleed the clutch hydraulic line. The clutch worked fine, albeit with the pedal "feeling" as if...
  8. B

San Diego area Guru recommendation needed.

I need recommendations for a trusted TDI Guru in the San Diego area. Project is a top end reseal of an ALH/VE IP pump for a family members' car. I checked the list & did not see anyone in that area. Thanks in advance.
  9. B

B4V for sale.

Not mine. No affiliation. thought someone might be interested. 96 B4V, green/tan. Said to be 140k miles. I am amazed at the number of low milage A3s & B4s that have appeared recently...
  10. B

06 Jetta/BRM part out.

Central MD/Annapolis area. White/tan, BRM 5 speed manual package 1 car part out. Front seats very worn. Transmission cracked. Otherwise, parts in good to very good condition. Please PM needs. I will respond with prices. Local pick-up preferred. Engine has 250K on it. Cam done @ 160K...
  11. B

Cracked DPF. Question on wisdom of delaying replacement.

CEL's P0401 & P2002 along with soot on the tail pipe. 2012 JSW w/CJAA manual, @ 165K miles & Dieselgate programing. Relatively new to me, out of Dieselgate warranty. I have aftermarket exhaust components to install. CELs have been showing for about 2 weeks now. VCDS confirmed, etc...
  12. B

A4V comparable values. 02/03

I am in need of comparable values for an A4V, preferably those located in California. But known comparable sale will help. The higher the better. My son's 02 A4V sustained minor/cosmetic damage, side & rear glass, paint chips & minor dings. The insurance company, (USAA, I will never ever...
  13. B

2012 JSW Cranks/No start diagnostic help needed. Initial issues solved & fixed.

BACKGROUND: 12 JSW w/ CJAA engine. 163K miles. Fix done, out of extended warranty. Acquired in a Cranks/Engine turns over, but no start/no run condition. My initial VCDS scan produced only a couple error codes, the dreaded P2015 (& related codes) and the above related to the exhaust...
  14. B

B4 available.

This just popped up on my FB feed. Not mine. No affiliation. With parts getting as scarce, someone in the area might be able to pick up spares, or better at a bargain. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/417854086277209
  15. B

Windshield wiper mechanism help needed.

2006 BRM 180K miles; Windshield wiper assembly help needed. Problem/Complaint: The windshield wipers are not making normal full sweep. With the wiper arms & blades off, the mechanism makes full movement. With either arm/blade on, the mechanism makes full movement. When the glass is...
  16. B

Munich Institute: Electric cars polute more than diesels

I will just leave this here: https://thenationalsentinel.com/2019/04/24/wait-what-landmark-study-claims-electric-cars-make-earth-dirtier-than-diesel-engines/
  17. B

BRM engine, long block FS. $650/obo

BRM long block. Approx. 200K miles with approx. 55K on t. belt. Running take out from rear end collision car. Link to craigslist add. Disclosure: I am the seller. I have not pulled the VC to inspect cam lobes. $650/obo. PM any interest...
  18. B

WTB 06/07 BRM Transmission code GQQ

As the header says, I am in search of a GQQ 5 speed transmission for an 06 BRM. Thanks in advance.
  19. B

WTB BRM Alternator mount

I am in need of an alternator mount bracket, some times referred to as the accessory mount bracket, PN: 038-903-139-AF http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=126497&title=brm-alternator-mount-bracket&cat=500...
  20. B

2000 Red New Beetle GLS ALH

2000 VW New Beetle, TDI (ALH) with 5 speed. GLS model, ALH. Red w/ black interior. 208,xxx miles. ECU tune, stage 2. Timing belt, H2O pump, serpentine belt, belt idlers, etc. done, intake manifold cleaned and new brakes, struts & shocks at 150K miles. Next due @ 250K. The good...