Search results

1. G

Aftermarket fuel filter install

I recently installed an aftermarket fuel filter head with CAT-1R0750 filter in the 2015 Golf. Years ago I did the same in the 05 Jetta and that has worked out well. The kit for 2015 Golf https://nicktane.com/product/uber-fuel-filter-kit-passat-2010/ This install was not quite as...
  2. G

Phase 2 fix, when and what?

Looking forward to getting this done and not having any commitments to VW there after. Having agreed at purchase in April that I'd have the phase 2 fix done on the "new" 2015 TDI when available, pretty sure this was a condition of buying the car. So far I've asked the dealer and VW customer...
  3. G

Daytime Running lights on and off option

This is not new, but I found the old instructions didn't quite match what I found in VCDS on my 2015 GSW TDI. Instruction link http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/turning-off-daytime-running-lights-94879-2.html#post1040702 Short version of those instructions: 1 Select 09-Cent. Elect...
  4. G

Hill holder, turn off?

For the MK7 with 6MT is there a way to disable the hill holder function? Didn't find any other discussion except one old unanswered post quoted here. I have no problem driving a manual either and find the hill holding function annoying. Almost always holds the brakes harder than necessary...
  5. G

Constant Power Accessory Outlets MK7 GSW *Easy*

Just purchased a new old stock Golf SportWagen and was a little disappointed that my phone wouldn't charge with the car off as it would in my 05. Lots of searching and no clear answer on how to fix, many threads on different forums promote using an inline fuse holder and or removing fuse panel...
  6. G

WTB temporary spare wheel, 5 lug

I have one spare wheel part number 1H0601025H and I need a second. It is a 3.5" wide x 15" rim 5x100mm bolt pattern. I'd also consider 3.5" preferably or even a 4" wide wheel with the 5x112mm pattern, still 15" and could use one or a pair. These came usually with a T125/70R15 or T125/80r15...
  7. G

FS 05 jetta belly pan, cheap, in VA

FREE 05 jetta belly pan, in VA Stock used plastic belly pan and side skirts from my 05 jetta wagon TDI with BEW. Used, decent shape, I replaced with skid pan. $10 cash, pickup in person in Rockbridge Baths , VA
  8. G

10 pin adapter Problem on headlights

early 05 Wagon a4 Trying to install new headlights with leveling motors, that part went fine. Problem is the 10 pin adapters from ECS tuning don't make connection with the car's harness/plugs. I have called them and sent pictures, they've double checked I have the right part and everything...
  9. G

Rear air springs for 98 Jetta?

I often haul heavy things in my car, and would like rear air springs so I can level it out with a load. I've searched this site for an hour or so, but all I can find are air helper springs that stuff inside the original coil springs. I think I would like to do away with my coils all...
  10. G

Low boost, and extra engine noise, what could it be?

My 98 Jetta TDI with RC stage 2. No check engine light, some smoke, but not much more than before. Replaced all vacuum lines except for ones on N75, I will as soon as I get the line, but they look OK for now. Boost was previously 18 psi max, lately it's 11 or 12 psi max. My neighbor (a big...
  11. G

How hard to remove intake and drill exhaust for thermocouple?

I have a 98 TDI, and right now the thermocouple for the EGT gauge is in the EGR blockoff plate, and not working so well. I need to get it in the manifold in front of the turbo. I was thinking I could remove the intake (it's allready clean, so no bonus there) then remove the egr cooler that I...
  12. G

Simple gauge installation question

Boost + EGT combo gauge installation with questions I just got a new McNally combined boost and EGT gauge. It came with suficent instructions for the gauge part. What I don't know is a good place to connect the power wire going to the gauge. It should be hot only with the ignition on. Any...
  13. G

A3 gauge mounting options ??

I have a 98 Jetta and would like to mount a single gauge so it looks almost factory insalled, clean and simple. This is the combined boost and EGT gauge I plan to use: http://mcnallyelectronics.com/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=31 I have searched and searched for a siutable gauge pod or...