Search results

1. T

Out of alignment/tire question 2017 Jetta

Hello, We own a 2017 Jetta gasser that needed front tires with 53000 miles on them (uneven inside tire wear). Because of sale, we just went ahead and purchased 4tires. Alignment shop aligned vehicle on front wheels and passenger side wheel. Question, do these vehicles go out of alignment easily...
  2. T

2006 Jetta plastic engine Cover is it needed

2006 Jetta TDI engine cover is broken and rattles. Is it really needed? thanks in advance, TDI Cube
  3. T

2006 Jetta lost power and loud camshaft?

We were driving home with a full load from Costco going up a small steep hill that southern Md is known for; and then the vehicle started getting loud with a loss of power. After ~14miles, we limped back to trusted VW Dr. YouTube 2006 TDI cam issue video audio sounds are what we heard. Do u...
  4. T

2017 Jetta Driver Side Heated Seat Issue

The driver side heated seat in our 2017 Jetta is not heating. The passenger side heated seat is working fine. I tried to look-up the fuse location in the manual but the diagram does not exist. To paraphrase:"Manual cannot keep up with fuse locations since locations change within model year."...
  5. T

OilHammer 2017 Jetta Gasser Opinion

Oil Hammer, Thank you for all the advice with our 2006 TDI Jetta. It is now approaching 200,000 miles.:) We purched a 2017 1.4L gasser manual. The car gets between 39-41mpg. Do you have any opinions on the new 1.4L 2017 gas Jetta? TDICube
  6. T

Noise at 1600rpms

I have a 2006 DSG Jetta TDI with 182000 miles. There is a humming noise at approximately 1600 rpms in every gear and is annoying at 58mph. Hum is present accelerating; decelerating; and at constant speed. Any ideas on what the problem may be? Thanks in Advance, TDICube
  7. T

driver side thump when turning right

2006 Jetta DSG TDI with 180000 miles: We hear a couple of thumps on the driver side front floor board around the brake pedal when turning right under load. Any idea what the issue may be? Thanks in advance TDICube
  8. T

2006 TDI Jetta owner asking new gasser oil question

I know I am in the wrong forum but you guys have given me great advice on my 06TDI about solutions to common problems and maintenance. BTW using Pentosin oil in TDI and no cam issues at 176000miles. Along those lines, purchased a2017 Jetta SE (could not resist end of the year deals) with the...
  9. T

Tell-tale cam failure indication/prediction

2006 BRM Jetta with ~170000 miles. Independent shop predicted I have cam issues based on mileage. The vehicle is still running great and I was going to get the Pros to look at the cam during next timing belt replacement @ 180000. What are some cam failure indications? Shop said it could...
  10. T

Intermittent key stuck in ignition

2006 Jetta TDI with DSG. After turning off the engine, the key will intermittently stick in the ignition. I move the shifter and switch the car from on and off then I can remove the key. Is this an interlock or key/ignition issue? Thanks in advance, TDICube
  11. T

2006 Jetta idiot light for high temp flashing

2006 high temperature enunciator is flashing with an audible sound. The temperature gage is reading normal mid-point at ~190. Reservoir is low and I do smell some coolant but I have not been able to I.D. the leak. Is the engine truly overheating with a SAT engine temp indicator or is it just...
  12. T

tires future-theory

Got some more Michelins on my 2001 Isuzu Trooper. After 91,000miles, old Michelin tire tread depth looked okay but the sides exhibited signs of dry rotting and subsequent cracking. My Michelin Primacy MXV4's on 06 Jetta are at 60,000miles (~4 years old) and showing small areas of dry rotting...
  13. T

smell in the engine compartment

I have a 2006 Jetta equipped with a DSG at ~116,000 miles. There is a dead animal smell in the front of the engine compartment. The smell is located in the grille area around VW symbol. Without taking the skidplate off, I searched around the front end and found nothing. No smell is entering...
  14. T

06 Jetta world record for brake-life?

My 06 Jetta just past the annual Virginia state vehicle inspection with a bit over 97,000 miles on the original brakes. Is this outstanding brake-ware normal? Has anyone else seen such a long life? Thanks in advance, Cube
  15. T

Jetta gasser recommendation

I know this is a Diesel forum but I need a recommendation for a used 2007 2.5L gasser Jetta that a co-worker is thinking of purchasing. For the professionals, VW enthusiasts or both (please Oil Hammer provide some information:)), I have the following questions: 1. What are some typical problems...
  16. T

oilhammer oil question (other professional input too)

Oilhammer (any other professional's input appreciated), what oil does your shop use for a 2006 TDI Jetta oil change? I used PentoSynth 505.01 rated 5W-40 on the last two oil changes but I read a member had cam problems with this oil. A well-respected shop in the area stated that they used...
  17. T

annoying dash/glovebox rattle

Replaced the recirc motor behind the glovebox (BTW thanks for the insights). But now after reinstalling the glovebox, there is an annoying dash/glovebox rattle on a rough road at 1900 rpms. Do I need to tighten down the glovebox mounting screws again? I could always turn the radio up...
  18. T

start-up glovebox rattle

My 2006 DSG TDI Jetta with 70,000 miles has a start-up rattle. At first, I thought it was the CD player/CD rattling but today I heard it with the radio off. My second thought was a fan problem, but the sound occurs with the fan off. The CD-rattling type sound originates from the glove box...
  19. T

grinding noise in CD player

I hear a sporadic grinding noise occasionally from the C.D. player. The noise is usually present when the car is first started and in reverse. Does anyone else have this problem? TC
  20. T

DMF dead end

Another 2006 DSG DMF problem at 67,000 miles; I have E-mailed VW customer care and talked to a couple dealers about the known problem. I have gotten no-where. Any ideas who I should write my next letter to? Thanks for listening, TDICube