Search results

1. jimbote

KYB AGX ?

Anyone use these? Good, bad, ugly?
  2. jimbote

KYB AGX vs Bilstein B6 HD MK4

Been running the B6 on my golf for years now but one is blown and looking at replacements. Anyone used the KYB?
  3. jimbote

WTB; MK4 Bilstein B6 front strut x1

Anybody have one sitting around? Blew the right front on my golf today. Bought this set used years ago so no warranty. Thanks! ATTENTION SCAMMERS; i aint fallin' for your "my friend's husband passed away and has these" bullshite. Do us a favor and go brush your teeth with a cow turd.
  4. jimbote

ALH front seal holder analog?.

I shoukd know this but do the 1.8t and 2.0 gas mk4 engines use the same front seal holder as ALH? Thanks!
  5. jimbote

Alternate PD accessory layout

This is a great option for tacoma or toy trucks swapping in a pd. Works for BRM, BEW, or BHW. Uses BEW main bracket, with bew alt, and ps pump. The opposite side uses a bhw ac compressor bracket with bhw AC pump and balancer. The stock BHW ac belt and tensioner is utilized but a different length...
  6. jimbote

Race 520 vs nictane .275?

How do these compare? I have a set of nictane .275 and considering installing in my bhw/alh hybrid with pd170 bv43. Too much fuel?
  7. jimbote

B4 glove box/airbag delete

Ever wanted a place to store clutter and also endanger passengers at the same time? Here's the all in one solution! The B3 glovebox. 60 shipped lower 48.
  8. jimbote

Crank seal install tool. NOT MINE!

Again, not mine! Do NOT contact me. Looks like a good deal for someone. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/320869420547618/?mibextid=dXMIcH
  9. jimbote

EPA shifting focus.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/emissions-defeat-devices-no-longer-a-top-priority-for-epa
  10. jimbote

Engine removal Q.

Possible to tip the engine and trans up and out without dropping the subframe? Core support and cooling pack is removed. Doing this in my field of dreams so limited equipment on hand.
  11. jimbote

VE Nictane .275 on brand new bodies set up by DBW $650 shipped and Volvo gt2056vl $250 shipped.

I'll post pics later today. I bought these from a member years ago with anticipation of using them on my TDI taco. Not gonna happen so for sale these are. New nozzles, new bodies (all four banjo type, slick!) Set up by DBW in Idaho. Should be good for 250ish with tune, turbo, and supporting...
  12. jimbote

Why so hard to ad pics to threads?

Ok, it's easy when starting your own thread just choose a properly sized pic from your phone or computer but when you want to add a pic to a reply on a different thread it seems overly complicated. Why not the simplicity of just choosing from your devices gallery?.
  13. jimbote

B4, FA ECU chip ID?

Grabbed this ECM from a car with hybrid k03/04 turbo and yet to be identified injectors. Are these stock? And if not someone ID the tune by these numbers? Thanks
  14. jimbote

K03 hybrid ID?

EDIT; Talked to Jerry at G-pop and he confirmed this is indeed a hybrid turbo. Bought the engine with turbo. Currently at the pyp and found a 97 Passat that appears to be slightly modded, so I decided to check the turbo. Is this a hybrid? "HY"?
  15. jimbote

Ross Tech KII USB.

Works for 1996-2003 VAG. Check out ross-tech site for more info. $180 obo shipped lower 48.
  16. jimbote

Cool piston tech

https://www.enginebuildermag.com/2023/02/speed-of-air-engine-technologies-breakthrough-piston-technology/
  17. jimbote

Bulkhead connector recommendations

Reached the wiring phase of my mustang project and need to pass the loom through the firewall. I could go with a split grommet and pass the entire engine harness through the wall but I feel a bulkhead connector would be cleaner and easier to service/add wires to. Any recommendations on sealed...
  18. jimbote

Cool little TDI powered weapons carrier.

https://www.army-technology.com/projects/wiesel2/
  19. jimbote

Power steering loss.

Bought an 01' parts car today. Been sitting six years. Got it home, bypassed R175 (something up with neutral/park interlock), primed the pump and injectors and it fired right up. Short test drive around the field revealed no power steering. None. Belt is intact, reservoir is full, no obvious...
  20. jimbote

BEW to ALH Swap

This might be better posted in the mk4 section so please forgive. Finished up an ALH swap on my "old" 05' golf about a month ago. Donor engine was from runonbeer's old golf with vnt17 and pp764's. (Thanks Rob!) Everything is plug n play but you're much better off having a donor car. No pics of...