Search results

1. MrFahrenheit99

Feeler: 2003 Golf. Not running

Long story short: I'm now a long haul truck driver and my car sat out for 2 months and probably got air in the lines and won't start. I have absolutely no time to have it fixed so I'm thinking about selling it. Any ideas how much this might go for? Details: 2003 4 door 5 speed. 230,xxx miles...
  2. MrFahrenheit99

Feeler: 2003 Golf 5spd. Not running.

Long story short: I'm now a long haul truck driver and my car sat out for 2 months and probably got air in the lines and won't start. I have absolutely no time to have it fixed so I'm thinking about selling it. Any ideas how much this might go for? Details: 2003 4 door 5 speed. 230,xxx miles...
  3. MrFahrenheit99

Las Cruces, NM

I'm starting a new career on Monday so I thought I would get out of town and explore one last time before work consumes my life. I drove from LA to New Mexico and wandered around Las Cruces. Really cool little town with great photo ops. I brought my caveman camera with me and hoked around the...
  4. MrFahrenheit99

Southern Road Trip Suggestions?

Hey fam! As some of you know, I'm a fan of really long road trips. In 2021 I did 11,000 miles across the US and back through Canada. Next year I'm planning to take the southern route. I've never been through the south (except Lousiville a few times but nothing further south than that) and would...
  5. MrFahrenheit99

Chime In: Kerma Springs? Bilstein TC struts? OE? Advice needed for grandpa driver

Hi Fam, My Golf is in need of a suspension refresh and I'm researching options. It seems I've narrowed down my options to OE equivalent springs and struts, Kerma springs with either OE or Bilstein TC struts, or possibly H&R Sport springs. I'm also open to combinations of any of the...
  6. MrFahrenheit99

Real world numbers on a Kerma ECO tune + turbo?

I have a 2003 Golf 5 speed that is bone stock. Runs like a top but have noticed very high oil consumption over the last year or so. Will be getting it checked out in the next few months and in the event that I need a turbo, I was considering going with injectors and Kerma's ECO kit that comes...
  7. MrFahrenheit99

Host of electrical issues: No door locks, windows, int lights, keyfob, etc.

Hey fam! Before I delve into this issue, I did search and couldn't find a consistent answer or anyone who is having the exact same issues as myself. Let's see if you guys may be able to point me in the right direction. Preface: 2003 Golf 4 door. A few months ago I replaced the wiring in the...
  8. MrFahrenheit99

11,033 Mile Road Trip

11,033 Miles. 236.22 Gallons of Diesel. 46.7 MPG Average. 16 Fill ups. 7 Weeks. 4 Seasons. 2 Countries. 1 Little Tractor-Wagon. This is my 2021 US/Canada Road Trip: San Francisco > Reno > Evanston, WY > Fort Collins, CO > Denver, CO > Kansas City > St. Louis > Moline, IL > Chicago > Pittsburgh...
  9. MrFahrenheit99

'03 TDI High Oil Consumption

Hi all, My flame suit is on, but I would appreciate some thoughts on this. I searched the forums and found all kinds of different theories and answers but none really related exactly to my issue. I have an 03 Golf TDI and since I've owned it (5 years) it has been great with oil. It only...
  10. MrFahrenheit99

Metalnerd rear brake tool

Hey fam! I was wondering if anyone may have the Metalnerd rear brake compressor tool (or something similar) that they want to sell or get rid of. The time is coming for me to do my brakes and just thought I'd put a feeler out here first, instead of paying $50 for the tool. I'm planning on...
  11. MrFahrenheit99

2000 Miles from SFO to Missoula

Got a little restless last week and decided to venture up to Missoula for some camping and photos. Couldn't get enough of US-95 through Idaho as well as US-12 and US-13. Hit some big snow over Lolo Pass and had to chain up, and then Missoula got 8" overnight! Took a little while for the ol'...
  12. MrFahrenheit99

4,500 Miles from San Francisco to Moline, IL and Back

Just got back last week from an awesome road trip out to the Quad Cities. Being that we're in a pandemic, I didn't want to bother with motels or other human beings so I camped my way out there on free public land. I was traveling solo with a considerable amount of camping gear that filled most...
  13. MrFahrenheit99

Need someone with Vag-Com to help me set my IQ

Hi all! Before you ask; Yes. I checked the Vag-Com Locator list and have emailed several people to no avail. I just replaced my Injector Pump Quantity Adjuster Seal + Top Seal and I am looking for someone with a Vag-Com unit to help me set my IQ. Is there anyone in the SF Bay Area that may...
  14. MrFahrenheit99

Experience with Malone Stage 2 vs 3?

Hey yall! I purchased my first TDI a few months ago now (2003 Golf with a 5M) and I'm about ready to start upgrading for better MPG. I did the ventectomy right off the bat but now I'm looking to ECU tunes for more power and ultimately better mileage. On the Malone website I'm looking at Stage...
  15. MrFahrenheit99

FS: Thule bicycle rack for 4 door Golf (Mk IV) NorCal

SOLD! Hey everybody! I just bought a 2003 Golf 4 door a few weeks ago and just removed the bicycle rack. I don't ride nor will I in the near future so I figured I'd pass this along to someone in need. This was incredibly easy for me to un-install (as in under 5 minutes) and I recon it would...
  16. MrFahrenheit99

Where can I buy an armrest?

UPDATE! Bought a OEM armrest from Soupinmycoupe! Thanks buddy! Hi all! Kind of a random request here, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I just bought a 2003 Golf TDI with a 5 speed and it didn't come from the factory with an armrest. As simple as it is I really want an armrest, haha. I have...
  17. MrFahrenheit99

WTB: '02-'03 Golf TDI 4dr 5spd in NorCal

UPDATE! Bought myself a 2003 Golf 4 door 5 speed with 117,000 miles! Hey everyone! I'm excited to finally join the TDI club. I've been in the market for the last several months, but after reading the sticky for first time TDI buyers I decided to spend a little more time and save more money to...