Search results

1. M

PD injector return fuel flow rate.

Just an update really, I made up a test lead to force the glow plugs and the engine started much easier. Could it be compression or bad atomisation on the injectors? https://youtu.be/Izs3FAEK5hw
  2. M

Log of quarter mile times

My mistake, it should have been MPH. However MPG is still very good.
  3. M

Yep left upper gear is for the alternator and the left lower is for the power steering pump (and Aircon if fitted)
  4. M

The top digital display on the right gauge shows tandem pump rail pressure, as soon as you crank it’s showing 1.3bar. That is about normal for a cranking engine, when the engine fires and it’s at idle speed the fuel pressure is usually around 5bar. https://youtu.be/UWMDbS_fdX4
  5. M

I have tried another pump and it’s the same, it wasn’t a new pump however I have some digital gauges in my vehicle and one shows tandem pump outlet fuel pressure. The fuel pressure is showing when the engine cranks.
  6. M

The cams are gear driven on our 2.5PD’s and once they are set they don’t usually go out, if they are timed slightly out you can see it on VCDS.
  7. M

I have just found a vid showing bad starting https://youtu.be/q4AgIwrGMxk
  8. M

It could be compression related but the compression ratio is OE but there could be some bore wear especially as these 2.5’s have plasma coated bores. SOI map should be fine though as Bobby re-did the mapping 2 years ago when I changed the spec of the turbo and fitted the plus 50’s. One idea like...
  9. M

Hi, just wondered roughly what kind of return fuel flow rate you should have on a PD when running. I am having starting issues on my 2.5PD so I have started to do some checks and I thought the return fuel flow at idle was a lot however I haven’t checked a PD before. This is a quick vid...
  10. M

dq500 dsg7 4x4 with edc15 afn/teves mk20

HTG have also done a stand alone controller for the ZF8 speed
  11. M

dq500 dsg7 4x4 with edc15 afn/teves mk20

HTG have just released a DQ500 stand alone GCU. http://htg-tuning.com/
  12. M

DL501 failure

Do these use similar clutches as the DQ500 used in the RS3/Transporter/Tiguan etc?
  13. M

Snow stage 1 to 2 benefits?

I run a cooling mist progressive kit on my 2.5PD and with a size 7 nozzle it made another 35hp on the dyno when it was turned on. I start it around 1bar and full duty cycle around 2bar.
  14. M

How strong is the 4.2tdi 350hp engine.

Agreed they are great engine and we do have one in our E70 X5, however you would have to cut the bulkhead to get it in the van due to it being a straight 6. The V6 is about half the length.
  15. M

How strong is the 4.2tdi 350hp engine.

Hi, just wondered how strong and reliable the Audi 2010 and on 4.2tdi 350hp engine is?. I am looking at a possible engine change on a vehicle and the two engines that come to mind are the Audi 3.0tdi 240hp like in the B8 or the 4.2tdi.
  16. M

Water Methanol injection on a TDI?

I run a Coolingmist progressive kit on my 2.5PD and it's on a size 7 nozzle running a 50:50 mix (by volume). On diesel only my van Dyno'd at 300hp and 335hp with the water/meths on.
  17. M

EDC 17 platform engine in a EDC 16 platform vehicle.

If I do a conversion I will be buying a complete working car so I would have every bit to transplant in the T5 if required.
  18. M

Bobby Singh has currently done the maps on my T5 for the last 3 years and die to his experience on the B8 V6's I was thinking of using OE management and letting him do all the mapping.
  19. M

Your not being snarky at all, I was basically asking if it was possible in any way to just use the Audi engine, engine loom and ECU but configure it in a way that it doesn't require a speed input from the T5's ABS system. I admit the blue T5 above that had the engine transplant used an earlier...