Search results

1. J

Timing belt kit at RockAuto ?

What stinks was the car i bought I couldn't find any record of if the belt had been changed. it looked ok, but can be famous last words so i had to get it done. After pulling the belt out it didn't look very old at all. Don't understand why people cant just use the little damn sticker you fill...
  2. J

I ended up purchasing a kit from Blau parts. Worked out great.
  3. J

Just thought i'd chime in because i've had multiple Audis/VW's. here'a few really good companies used by lots of people. https://www.blauparts.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwuYWSBhByEiwAKd_n_hmXMbD9Wk-heKhgjliJoc8jh8izb-GrPUmEqDoExf-rvaNGzsL5pBoCi7cQAvD_BwE...
  4. J

High mileage CR - post it up!

you got a great deal on that golf! Just picked up a 2012 Golf with 98k on it. already really enjoy the car. Rides so much better than the 2002 TDI i had.
  5. J

2022 TDIfest Discussion Thread

count me in anywhere. I'm in Colorado and just bought a 2012 in New Mexico. 1st trip through the mountains got 45 mpg.
  6. J

What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

tdi3%20by%20J%20M,%20on%20Flickr']tdi3 by J M, on Flickr[/URL] Bought this yesterday. Drove it 425 miles to get it home and it ran great. 45 mpg through the mountains here in Colorado. New toy. :)
  7. J

Brembo 18z 6pot calipers discussion

cool points matter. lol I admit i'm jealous of cars with brembo calipers just because they look good and they look confidence inspiring.
  8. J

Brembo 18z 6pot calipers discussion

i have some boxster 996 calipers i was thinking could be used on the mk6 golf. Apikol has an adapter to make them work. Your posting made me remember i have them and could use them on a possible purchase of a 2012 golf i'm looking at.
  9. J

What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

I suppose its been mentioned here before but here's a great parts resource. www.fcpeuro.com. lifetime guarantee on most everything they sell. Anyways, reading previous posts here it made me think of it. I'm considering buying a 2012 golf dsg car and reading up on anything i can. Had a mk4 golf...
  10. J

FS 2002 Golf TDI 4 door-5 spd $2900

Hello, I'm posting my 2002 Golf we've had for 5 years. Purchased it with 150k, now has 220k miles. Really in pretty good shape. I'll add more pics if there's interest. timing belt done at 175k clutch replace at 170k ( went to single mass upgraded clutch from ECS) brakes on front have about 10k...
  11. J

For sale 2002 ALH Jetta 5 speed

i might be interested in the q loader. i'll pm you
  12. J

02 alh won't keep running

I'm stumped. Fuel is flowing fine. Car sounds like its going to run and then shuts off. Its doing weird things now. The running lites come on now before the e brake is released and the immobilizer lite stays on the instrument cluster. Solved. It was the immobilizer. The key fob lost contact...
  13. J

Checked ASV, it's open, so doesn't seem.to be that. Will be looking at the fuel lines today. Got the cat pushed into the garage last night. Thanks for all the replies.
  14. J

yes it did. afterwards i checked the filter and the fuel level was low in the canister. so i dumped more into the filter. that is what makes me think that there's a restriction between the fuel tank and the filter. The thing that gets me right now is the time of year and it just happens that i...
  15. J

Its warmed up since. Its 50 deg today. I'll mess with it tonight since its warmer and check the asv, and also see if i can pull fuel from the tank easily.
  16. J

well it got down to 0 deg. but its warmed up since and it just wont get past a quick spurt of running. i'm pretty sure it has to do with fuel supply. its just dark and cold when i get home in the evenings. I need to hook up a vacuum to the tank supply line to the filter and see if its flowing or...
  17. J

So it got cold here, went to start the alh one morning. cranked won't start. Tried it enough times killed the battery. Remembered i hadn't changed the fuel filter in more than 20k miles. put the filter in, filled it with diesel replaced the o rings on T fitting. Might have had a little bit of...
  18. J

What did you do to your MKIV today?

it wasn't today but within that past month i upgraded the nozzles on my 02. It definitly gained some power. Not a lot, but it doesn't die off like it did with stock nozzles at 3500k. I'm hoping to get a kerma tune soon to get it dialed in.
  19. J

Kerma Qpro flash tuner

Did you sell this? Im interested if you still have it. PM me? Thanks. Joe