Search results

1. Coal Roller

Approved Emissions Modification

Not really "worried" about anything really. Other than this "approved fix" turning a finely tuned, smooth running engine/transmission into a "Charlie Foxtrot"? :( BTW, currently I'm buying diesel via our Native American friends at $1.95/gallon "cash price".
  2. Coal Roller

Approved Emissions Modification

Here's the PDF of the "Systems modification" that will be done for the "fix". I have not sent in my "packet" for the "modification" as of yet. This came today in an email from VWNA regarding those that chose to have the "fix". NOT having it done according to this has "consequences" if "repairs"...
  3. Coal Roller

Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

Got my email with the stamp of approval and the PDF to download the "packet" to be signed in front of a notary. The only question I have is that when they spoke of the "fix" the ONLY model year mentioned was the 2015. I called the "hot line" and got put onto "ignore" for 20 minutes before an...
  4. Coal Roller

Volkswagen agrees to deal with unions to cut 30,000 jobs

Having spent my entire working career tuning VERY large burners for all types of applications I found that NO MATTER what fuel was used from #6 oil to "Digester gas" when you get the flame tuned to "optimum efficiency" you inherently made NOx. If you tuned for "minimum" CO you ALWAYS had HIGH...
  5. Coal Roller

My car just flunked AZ emissions!

I have it from a very reliable source that ALL diesel fuel being refined currently is "Ultra Low Sulfur". The difference being between "off road" and "on road" is just the dye package to see if you've paid the "road use tax".
  6. Coal Roller

No more Diesel for US from VW

With respect to the whole "Climate Change" thing, CO2, and the "carbon footprint" this video is well worth your time. As Dennis Miller said "Beware of "prophets" making "profits". http://carbon-sense.com/2014/12/22/the-great-global-warming-swindle/
  7. Coal Roller

just got a settlement info packet from VW

Did the online "registration" and got back that VW will pay off my $20,300 remaining on the 0% interest loan from VW Financial Services plus give me $6930. So that means going back to square one with a car loan. I chose the "fix" option. I LOVE THIS CAR! It's my first "car" since my '67 BelAir...
  8. Coal Roller

TDI NOx emissions compared to average car

Really? The so called "medical people" have such a VAST area of expertise in the field of combustion engineering now don't they? How many of these "experts" realize that when you have a stoichiometric fuel/air mix for optimum efficiency utilizing an "air" source that is 78% Nitrogen and 21%...
  9. Coal Roller

Key fob hack

First it was the "emissions scandal". Now THIS? http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/volkswagen/researchers-discover-hack-capable-unlocking-100m-volkswagens-article-1.2747639 UGH!
  10. Coal Roller

"Normal" coolant temp once up to temerature CJAA engine

Now that I have a Scan Gauge and can read coolant temp what should "normal" operating temp be? In the summer I have seen it go as high as 198 deg F. Does this engine have a thermostat and if so that is it's "operating temp"?
  11. Coal Roller

ECS Streetshield VS DieselGeek Panzer

Have the DG Panzer Plate installed on my 2014 Jetta TDI. The kit was an awesome piece of gear. Took it a step further and had the plate Rhino coated on both sides. Being a Navy vet I have seen first hand the effect of sea water on bare aluminum. Seeing how NY's "application rate" of road salt is...
  12. Coal Roller

Fuel filter

Diesel-Filters.com has the Mann PU-936/1-X("X" designates cover O ring included) for $17.87+ shipping. They are the "B" style.
  13. Coal Roller

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Got my "apology email" from the dealer yesterday with the "50 pieces of silver" offers. But you had to send them your info with the VIN to get it. I for one am going to keep on driving my WONDERFUL little diesel "mileage machine" and they can POUND SALT if they think they are going to "change"...
  14. Coal Roller

Poll "EPA" cheat device

Wonder if an "AdBlue Retrofit" would solve the "issue"? If so VW better make it "NO COST TO THE OWNER"!
  15. Coal Roller

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

SOOOO! How many are going to go in for the "recall"? What about those owners that have had Malone or some other "tuning" done to their vehicles? It's going to be an interesting "wait and see" just what transpires.
  16. Coal Roller

car talk: is your car boring?

I'll take that "boring" all day long. Like when I'm "boring" into a 30 mph 90 degree corner @ 75 and it sticks like glue. Or "wringing it out" at a buck and a quarter and it's rock steady riding like it's on rails. But the best was diving into first turn left hander at the entrance to the...
  17. Coal Roller

Diesel Particulate Filter

I didn't buy a diesel auto to BE "green". I bought one to SAVE "GREEN"! Unlike Europe the popularity of diesel autos still isn't here. Most people think that diesels are a "hassle". There is some "adjustment" over gasoline power. Like only having to fill the tank every 500 miles or MORE. Like...
  18. Coal Roller

Diesel Particulate Filter

If I lived in a state that WASN'T "CARB Compliant" and the motor vehicle inspection didn't "sniff" the exhaust ALL the emissions crap would be GONE. Exhaust gas cooler, EGR, DPF, etc, etc. Then a 3" exhaust installed. Leaving you sounding like THIS...
  19. Coal Roller

LED driving light or not?

Silverstar Ultras went in the day I bought my car. On ALL the front lights. I travel in "deer country" too. They are a VAST improvement to the OEM bulbs.
  20. Coal Roller

Help Me Lock My Car Without Using The Fob

Sounds like someone may have bought the "wrong model"? Maybe the "base model" that required key entry/ignition should have been your choice? I have to laugh about all the "armchair engineering" I read here. They "shoulda done this/that" stuff. Maybe next time buy a Kia or a Hyundai? Or God...