Search results

1. G

timing belt not that bad to DIY

just did my 120K mile service and changed the timing belt. Used the guide on myturbodiesel and theyoutube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAi667H7M2Y&list=PLjgwY1PHDbi_hOS1dcYn9b8ZpvEhNzuJm&index=24&t=84s the only problem I had was my engine support pulled the engine towards the...
  2. G

JSW locking gas...um... diesel filler cover

when I lock my car the fuel door locks and when I unlock the car the fuel door unlocks. My wife's 2016 golf wagen is the same. I thought that was pretty standard on all modern cars - my landrover does the same thing cheers Barri
  3. G

2011 JSW P0087 fault codes

believe it or not OH it was not the control solenoid. I saw you, 2 micron and dweisel discussing control solenoid replacement in one of the many p0087 threads so bought one from a supplier in the UK - genuine Bosch - fitted it (only a 3 minute job) and the codes were still coming on. I removed...
  4. G

I have read most of the HPFP posts on the MK5 and Mk6 boards and havent seen a similar failure pattern although most people never post their final solution. Mine failed intermittently over the last 2500 miles - failing as infrequently as every 500 miles or as often as 2 or 3 times in a mile...
  5. G

done 300 miles now with no codes. Hopefully that is the end of the problem - HPFP internal failure - no metal flakes anywhere in the system :D Thanks for the help cheers Barri
  6. G

set code P0087 after 27 miles so back to the dealer. Thy tested the HPFP (no metal flakes anywhere in the system but found it had failed internally and intermittently lost pressure above 5000psi. They replaced the HPFP under warranty and I have now driven just over 300 miles with no codes...
  7. G

codes came back after 27 miles :-( Took the car back into the dealer and they had a VOA tech from Phoenix come over and test it - he said the HPFP was failing intermittently when pressurized to above 5000psi and losing all pressure. They are replacing the HPFP and I pick the car up tomorrow...
  8. G

here is the print out of what they did. When I tested the pump it was running just fine but I'll try and see what happens
  9. G

just another update - the dealer found the original vent pipe plug for the tank was still installed (supposed to just be for transport) and the gas tank cap was no longer venting so the tank was under vacuum and caused the tank pump to fail. Its wierd because when I tested the pump I was getting...
  10. G

just a quick update = the car has been with the dealer for a week now. They cant really figure it out either but have replaced the tank lift pump and the engine bay aux pump. They have been test driving it to check the codes dont pop up again and I will be picking it up tomorrow if everything...
  11. G

Thanks ksing it is currently at the dealer - been there for a week now and they cant figure it out either. They have replaced the tank lift pump and the engine bay aux pump and are driving it to test it. I'll pick it up tomorrow if the codes dont come back. I just hate repairs that I can't trust...
  12. G

Ill upload a screen capture of my vcds codes
  13. G

with mine when the flashing glowplug light comes on I could stop and restart and run normally and it set a pending code. If I drove for more than a minute with the glowplug light flashing the MIL would come on and set a hard code. Once it set a hard code the car goes into limp home and is just...
  14. G

Took the car back today with a printout of the faults from vcds and a copy of the extended fix warranty. Local VW say they can do nothing if the codes are not present in the ecu and I have to clear the codes or the car is undrivable. I have now left the car with them and they will drive it to...
  15. G

looks like you re right Don and I need to go back and fight with my local dealer! I just checked my extended warranty booklet and it says  The entire fuel system, including fuel pumps, high pressure fuel rail, fuel injectors, vibration damper, pressure control valve, and all sensors and...
  16. G

Hi Don Thanks for the reply and thanks for posting your fix! I did find a new metering valve on amazon of all places - a new bosch one $63 and replaced mine but unfortunately it didn't help. I talked to the local VW dealership and they say that even though the fix covers the HPFP it doesn't...
  17. G

no replies on the MK6 forum maybe someone here can help? Hi all looking for some advice - I have read all of the threads on this I can find and cannot figure out the problem. I have a 2011 JSW and am getting P0087 error codes combined with the flashing glowplug symbol and then the check...
  18. G

Hi all looking for some advice - I have read all of the threads on this I can find and cannot figure out the problem. I have a 2011 JSW and am getting P0087 error codes combined with the flashing glowplug symbol and then the check engine warning lamp and the car goes into limp home mode...
  19. G

Dreaded P0087 code - No metal in filter

as sibujacob asks - did you ever figure it out? I have exactly the same problem and am about to start on the same testing - if you have an answer it would be a great help :-) cheers Barri