Search results

1. S

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

Just chiming in with 120,400 miles. Had the timing belt done when the water pump started to fail at 105K miles. I'll probably replace the pads this summer. I still look forward to driving it- like the day I bought it. Never got around to doing the emissions recall stuff (because I liked the...
  2. S

Is there a brake pad indicator warning light?

I was taking off the winter tires this afternoon and noticed that the brake pads seemed to be a bit thin. Considering how many sensors the MK7 has - do the north American models have a brake pad warning sensor? I glanced at the owners manual didn't see anything about it (unless I missed it)
  3. S

Battery failed - can I replace it without VCDS?

Mike and kdawg- how were you able to tell if your '15 had the management system (or not)? Did you need VCDS to find out if you had the battery management system installed or is there something to look for under the hood? I think this is where some of confusion is coming from.
  4. S

Battery failed - can I replace it without VCDS?

My battery has been getting weaker over the past week. Thinking that I was taking it for too short of trips because of the lock down - I put it on a trickle charger overnight and it started without hesitation. I tried starting it this AM and it barely turned over. This battery went down hill...
  5. S

Leaking coolant- options moving forward

The bill did not list any additional nuts or bolts.
  6. S

$1857 :( Does anyone know if the water pump is the variable flow version or constant flow?
  7. S

Thanks for the replies. It turned out that water pump needed to be replaced, so as recommended, I also changed the timing belt. I was stuck using the dealer (I wish there a good independent shop) and ouch did they get me good. Anyway here are the parts they used: 04L-121-011-P waterpump...
  8. S

Started to leak coolant - if it is the waterpump, should I replace the timing belt also? I'm at 110000 miles right now. Any mid- michigan shop recommendations ? What would be a fair cost for water pump or water pump + timing belt replacement ?
  9. S

Anyone familiar with New Hampshire emission testing?

Let me clarify (my mistake, didn't have my coffee this AM) Have a 2015 that has no aftermarket mods and never received the diesel gate "fixes" (phase 1and 2). There are no check engine lights on. In its current form would it pass NH testing?
  10. S

Storing summer tires over winter - psi?

I've put my winter tires on for the season and washed my OEM rims and tires for winter storage in the climate controlled basement. The summer tires are nothing special - general all season - Continental Purecontact LS tires (225/40 R18). Recommended tire pressure is 38 PSI, what is the...
  11. S

Temporary fix (or tricks) for drain bolt oil leak

Thanks for those great ideas- never thought abut sealing it with a Fumoto. I certainly see a Fumoto in my future. As for purchasing a new plug at each oil change, I have done that last 2 changes, but sadly the leak has persisted. Last week I had picked up an oil filter from the dealership and...
  12. EA288 oil plug with metal crush ring

EA288 oil plug with metal crush ring

13. oil plug EA288

oil plug EA288

14. S

That was my first thought also, so I removed the insulation foam plate and watched if it was still leaking - it did...
  15. S

I noticed that I have developed an oil leak around the oil pan drain bolt. Its not a significant leak, but enough to leave 2-3 drops of oil on the garage floor every now and then. I know to best solution is to replace the oil pan, but right now I don't have the time to do that on this oil...
  16. S

Dpf and egr delete with full exhaust are there power gains from that alone?

That doesn't make sense - isn't the point of the diesel particulate filter to be restrictive? I would think that there would be a lot of power lost.
  17. S

EA288 Thermostat Replacement

Is this what your looking for? "]Maintenance
  18. S

Proper tire pressure for snow tires

Thanks for the information - will inflate to 35 and I call it done.
  19. S

Proper tire pressure for snow tires

I replaced my 225/40 R18 OEM wheels/tires with 205/55 R16 rims and Michelin X-ice3 tires for the winter. Any suggestions on the tire pressure? I couldn't find a consensus on a recommended pressure (max-50psi). The recommended pressure for the 225/40R18 were 38 psi, not sure if I should use...
  20. S

What body parts/ unibody are galvanized on the MK7 golf?

Tried to search - but the best I came up with is when the galvanizing started at VW. The 2015 brochure lists that the corrosion protection is 12 years/ unlimited miles, which seems to indicate that the unibody frame and the metal body panels are coated. But I'm not sure.