Search results

1. P

Exhaust leak - BEW motor

Started getting exhaust fumes into the cabin last week. 2004 Jetta, BEW motor, 260k on the meter. Leak looks to be coming from EGR cooler area, just not exactly sure from where in that area. Any tricks to narrow it down would be greatly appreciated. There is some soot at the mounting point for...
  2. P

WTB - EGR cooler for BEW motor

Complete including upper & lower flex pipes please. Located in CO. Please include price in your PM reply.
  3. P

Where does this part go?

Part #038 103 390. If I knew how to post a picture I would. :(
  4. P

Need a KP39 diagram or pictures

Anyone have an exploded view diagram of a KP39 turbo they could share? A photo that shows how the pins controlling the vanes fit into the ring? Most helpful would be a video or photos that show how to remove the vane assembly. Thanks in advance!
  5. P

Rebuilding KP39 turbo, need help

Turbo over boosted and failed. Pulled it apart and figured a new cartridge would suffice. When I pulled it apart, i didn't pull the vanes out, but the vane control ring, the six little spacers and the ring that holds them in place came out. So now I'm putting it back together with the new...
  6. P

Baffled & Bewildered - need some help - '04 BEW

'04 with BEW. New to me last year. Coming home on Monday a car pulled in front of me coming up a 7% grade to pass a slower vehicle. I braked, downshifted, let out the clutch and the car stalled. Coasted to side of road and couldn't get it to fire so called AAA for a tow home. Thought timing...
  7. P

04 PD BEW - starts then dies - suggestions?

'04 with BEW. New to me last year. Coming home on Monday a car pulled in front of me coming up a 7% grade to pass a slower vehicle. I braked, downshifted, let out the clutch and the car stalled. Coasted to side of road and couldn't get it to fire so called AAA for a tow home. Thought timing...
  8. P

BEW TB tools needed

Live in Bailey. Coming home tonight it felt like the timing belt jumped. No bangs, but the car stalled and won't restart. Has a similar issue with my ALH and the timing belt had jumped a couple teeth and all that I needed was to reset the timing, no hits on the valves. Hoping that lightning...
  9. P

Wiring diagram for Sonar headlights needed

The '04 Jetta I recently purchased came with Sonar aftermarket headlights. Lost both low beams within a day of each other and went to pull the bulb so I could purchase replacements. Whoever wired these in was way too lazy to be doing the work, a squirrel's nest is more tidy. Does anyone have...
  10. P

FS-03 Jetta for Parts-$1111-Bailey, CO

FS-03 Jetta for Parts- Make Offer -Bailey, CO Sad day for me, but it didn't make financial sense to fix it. Back story is that it developed a 'whir' in 5th gear. I tried to pull the gears to look at the shafts and chipped the large gear in the process. Now I was looking at a used tranny and...
  11. P

Guru in Sioux City?

Colorado TDi true believer needs to replace his '03 Alh after 470k miles. There's an '06 Jetta for sale in Sioux City that looks good on paper, but the only way to know for sure is to get a set of all seeing eyes to take a look. If it's worth the trip, I'll fly out and drive it back. Willing...
  12. P

Whir/whine in 5th gear

03 with the ALH motor, 02J 5 speed manual gearbox and 470k plus on the meter. Looking for a new bearing for the larger gear in the hopes that it will get me back on the road. Anyone have a source for this bearing in the Denver or C Springs area?
  13. P

Strut Assembly removal from boneyard

I've been looking to put some new struts on my '03 Jetta and came across a good set of strut assemblies in a bone yard while out looking for a new knuckle after a bad bearing damaged the one in the car. Problem is this, the vehicle is up in the air and someone has already taken the knuckles off...
  14. P

Losing coolant

Coolant warning light came on last night. Opened up the overflow to find froth in the bottle, but no coolant. Looked underneath the car and saw dribbling coolant from the passenger side of the belly pan. Of course, by the time I got the belly pan off the coolant dribble had stopped. Am going...
  15. P

Axle issue - need wisdom and insight

8 months, and 24K miles ago, I had the clutch replaced and an axle replaced due to damage from a bad boot. Driving to work yesterday, at roughly 60 mph, according to the shop, the axle separated. Stopped the car, had it towed to the shop that replaced it, they "fixed" it and gave it back to...
  16. P

WTB - Belly Pan and Heater Fan - 2003 Jetta

Looking to buy a Bell Pan (skid plate) and interior Heating/Cooling Fan for my 2003 Jetta TDI.
  17. P

Is there a lift pump on the 32003 ALH?

Does the 2003 TDI with an ALH engine have a lift pump in the tank or elsewhere or does the injector pump pull the fuel from the tank all by its lonesome? Car died yesterday at a stoplight. All of a sudden, no shudder, no warning. I did notice that the car didn't seem to be accelerating as...
  18. P

1995 Mark III OBD1 port location

We managed to get our hands on a scan code reader but we cannot find where to plug it in on our 1995 Jetta III. Can anyone clue us in as to about where in the engine we should look (or where the sticker is that is supposed to show/tell us as we can't find that either)? Thanks!
  19. P

Power/Turbo issues - 03 Jetta TDI

For about the past month, the car feels like it runs out of fuel, air or both, especially under acceleration under load (up a hill). You can actually feel the car stop accelerating, almost as if to say this is all you're goona get friend. I was fortunate enough to find Eric Swanson's name in...