Search results

1. moonlite

Malone Stage 2 Tune

Dang, that's what I was worried about. My search came across this possibility, but I couldn't find a definite answer like in the VWVortex form; thanks for the link nathanso! When I contacted Malone, I stated that I'm "trying to keep my warranty in play." However, they didn't address my warranty...
  2. moonlite

Malone Stage 2 Tune

I really want to pull the trigger on the Malone Stage 2 tune for my 2015 Golf that extra torque sounds like it will be fun to have; but I'm reserved on a couple of things. The Golf has the DSG, had the phase 2 fix at about 45k miles, and at 60k miles on the odometer now. My dealer didn't install...
  3. moonlite

Westfalia Hitch and Wiring on a Mk7 Golf with a trailer brake controller

In my past life, I drove a wrecker (a tow truck with the boom in the back) for two years. In my training classes, we were told that the pulling tension can be as high as 3 times the weight of the stuck vehicle when the vehicle is stuck in the mud. Of course, this is a worse case scenario where...
  4. moonlite

Headlight Auto-on Delete with Standard Euro Switch

You use the auto setting all the time, so we differ there. I want to downgrade or delete my auto position on the euro switch (I might be crazy though). You want to get the euro switch with the auto position. That will allow you to run the fogs with parking lights only (no low beams).
  5. moonlite

Headlight Auto-on Delete with Standard Euro Switch

I have an SE Golf with the lighting package (LP) and headlight auto-on. My primary goal is to replace the NA style headlight switch with a euro style in order to run the fogs with the running (parking) lights only, no low beams. I drive a lot in the woods and the LED DRL's are great at making...
  6. moonlite

Unofficial MK7 Oil Change Guide

Prefill Oil Filter Housing I was thinking of prefilling the oil filter housing, maybe half full of fresh oil with the new filter in place before reinstalling it. Has anyone done this without making a mess? I always did this for engines that used canister type oil filters to reduce oil...
  7. moonlite

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2

Shifting Issue Yesterday, my Golf did the momentary loss of power after the 1st to 2nd gear shift and 2nd to 3rd gear during a 3/4 acceleration. This is the first time I had it do this with a 1st to 2nd gear shift. The dealer said there is a service bulletin thread stating that the P2 would...
  8. moonlite

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2

Would it be good to start a poll of driver experiences post P2 fix?
  9. moonlite

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2

A little history, I purchased the 2015 Golf SE with the DSG and 23k miles in 1/2018 as a CPO from a VW dealer. I was stoked on the performance of the newer TDI's torque band (great low end) and the sport of the Golf with 225/45/17 Michelin's. I was getting 33 mpg on a few tanks (using Fuelly)...
  10. moonlite

Snow Cables for 225/45R17

I've installed the cables on the driver side tire. I laid out a bunch of cardboard in my driveway to drive the car around on. This made the cable/driveway noise silent and allowed me to hear any noise related to the cables hitting the strut, control arm or tie rod. Good news is that I didn't...
  11. moonlite

Last Friday, my car was up on a rack. The shop manager let me take a look at the tire-strut area. It looked like there would be enough clearance for the Super Z6 cables, so I ordered a set. I'll post back once I get them on the car and drive up on my ramps at home.
  12. moonlite

DSG - 1st Gear Clutching

I wish :rolleyes: When I was shopping around for a 2015 Golf, there were about 700 for sale nationally (48 state search) through the popular car sale websites. Only 5 of these Golfs were manuals, where 4 of them were the S trim and the other was an SEL. My ideal car is a silver SE, manual...
  13. moonlite

I have seen both yes and no to the question, will the Security Chain Company SZ133 Super Z6 Cable fit without conflict on a 2015 Golf with 225/45/R17 tires. Has anyone successfully run these cables or similar low profile cables on a 2015 Golf with 225/45/R17 tires.
  14. moonlite

DSG - 1st Gear Clutching

I'm a detailed driver and want to come to a smooth stop while approaching a red light. This isn't possible when in either D, S or manual because the car wants to engage and go with applying light brake pedal pressure. When I'm approaching the red light and coming to a complete stop, the brakes...
  15. moonlite

DSG - 1st Gear Clutching

Well, I had a chance to play around in a parking garage and see where the DSG clutches begin to slip in 1st gear, manual mode. In my car with 225/45R17 Michelin Premer A/S tires, it appears that 1100-1200 RPM and 5-6 MPH is where it wants to disengage while climbing a hill. A little faster...
  16. moonlite

Scratches on The Touchscreen Display

I just noticed several scratches on my touchscreen display. I think my son had some sand or something on his finger when he was playing with the sound settings. The scratches are not that deep because I can barely feel them when I lightly drag my fingernail over them. Although, they are...
  17. moonlite

DSG - 1st Gear Clutching

I recently purchased a 2015 Golf DSG and I'm loving the upgrade from my 2003 Golf TDI. I'm trying to figure out when the mechatronics is clutching or partial engagement when in manual mode and in 1st gear. Background: I'm coming from my 2003 Golf with a 5-speed manual. I have 270k miles on...
  18. moonlite

Advice Before Buying 2015 Golf DSG - Transmission Problems?

Yep, my intuition was correct. It was the first TDI DSG I drove. I test drove three other TDI DGS cars and there wasn't the "slippage" I perceived with the primary car. The shifts in the other three were much crisper. Good news though, I bought one of the other test drives. Jumping from the...
  19. moonlite

Advice Before Buying 2015 Golf DSG - Transmission Problems?

I'm looking at buying a 2015 Golf DSG with 30k miles. First, I have no experience with the TDI paired with a DSG. However, I've logged 270k miles in my 2003 Golf with a manual. During the test drive in the 2015 Golf DSG today, it felt like the clutches were slipping excessively while it...
  20. moonlite

Help needed with "limp mode" & associated data interpretation.

I have searched all over this forum and found your case is the most similar to mine including the graphs. I'm guessing you have a lot more miles since this fix of setting the actuator to hit the stop at 17" Can you say how long this fix worked for? Thanks, Charlie