Search results

1. K

Back after a long absence...

Well, I've been away for a while, and I'm hoping some BHW gurus can get me up to speed... this is gonna be long winded, sorry in advance. Was kinda doing my own thing with ALH stuff... Mostly using FB groups for help, but I broke a block a few months ago through years of abuse and neglect and...
  2. K

License revoked - anyone have this happen?

About 2 years ago I bought a genuine ross-tech key-usb cable in the classifieds here. This is rather common, i'm sure dozens and dozens have been sold in the classifieds here... I used it several times but i don't use it really that often... I tried to use it to monitor boost pressure...
  3. K

TD04HL turbine housing on an HE221?

http://www.stavtech.co.uk/home/stavs-tech-tips-the-holset-he221w-360bhp-capable-and-fast-spooling-turbo-can-be-easily-fitted-to-standard-subaru-volvo-and-saab-exhaust-manifolds-and-downpipes So this guy says it bolts together... anyone here done it? My HE221 has a 7cm housing (I’d like smaller...
  4. K

2 used VNT15s for sale.

1st one sold. 2nd one reduced to $20 plus shipping. **SOLD** Turbo #1 worked well and was only removed to upgrade to something much bigger. Unknown miles. $150 plus shipping. 2nd one was on the car when I bought it, had a junk actuator which I replaced but it was too little too late. It...
  5. K

WTB: bare core ALH block in WI

Looking for a super cheap or even free bare ALH block for mock-up and measurements. Only thing I do need attached is the IP/accessory bracket. It can have a connecting rod inspection hole in the side for all I care... bracket can be damaged too - just not catastrophically so. Cracks or...
  6. K

twincharging question/argument

Purely academic... but i have to ask it here because asking on a place like vortex will net 10 pages of flames and no answers. This all came from a video of a twin charged diesel benz on a drift course using an eaton M90 and a GT45? (i think). so we were hanging out in the shop and arguing...
  7. K

Fumbling in the dark...

This is gonna be long... sorry. Im basically fumbling in the dark and hoping i hit the light switch or at least grab a boob while im groping around... Im ever so slowly learning and tuning my car and im kind of stuck... Its driveable, which is important because its my daily, but its not...
  8. K

Cheap and dirty VNT hybrid questions

so i picked up a used VNT15 to replace the one on my car that has sticky, notchy vane movement. While cleaning it up i thought to myself that the cold side looks exactly like the GT15 from an AHU. This led me to think "can i strap a 1752 wheel onto it?" I made a gt15/17 hybrid on the the...
  9. K

MTDI a MK4???

alright... ive got my nomex suit on, ready for the flames... I want to see an A4 jetta/golf or new beetle that has been converted to mechanical injection. I searched high and low but found no examples of this being done and i was hoping that someone could point me to a thread or build if it...
  10. K

Please don't make me buy it from PROTHE...

i need a hub and pulley from an ALH pump to use on my rover pump. Prothe has them for $45 shipped... The pulley is easy to find but i cannot seem to find the hub anywhere else. please, sweet baby jesus, let there be a kind generous soul on here that has a dead/shattered/ruined ALH pump that i...
  11. K

DIY manual boost controller and airbox questions

my N75 has failed again and im curently running my car with the blue wastegate line unplugged. happily boosts to 22psi and no limp mode in 2 days but id like to tame it down to 18-20psi this is the "how-to" i plan on following: http://speedracer90.tripod.com/mbc/ MBC questions: any issues you...
  12. K

who wants to see ugly clutches/flywheels?

spent a long day working on the old girl today because my starter failed... again... thanks a ton o'rielly's. Happens to me about every other year and of course they cannot get me a new one under warranty until tuesday. i thought it was all the chipped teeth on the ring gear ( a patch of...
  13. K

FS: 01m fluid kit, ALH head, SDI intake, A4 EGR, 1Z EGR pipe

01M fluid, filter, gasket and that little plastic cap that breaks. New from IDparts was $70 (invoice is in the box), im asking $40 shipped. SOLD ALH head with 1 stuck lifter and no cam/lifters (unless you want the trashed cam...) $125 shipped. this car still ran (poorly) with the one dead...
  14. K

bad voltage regulator?

starting last night, the lights will flicker and the radio will cut out if im not driving at a steady 2200-2500 rpm. it would die on me at stoplights and when slowing down to turn. also will cut power if I hit a bump, all lights will flicker then all will come back on. it started this morning...
  15. K

clutch question

quick clutch question: Am i past what the holding capabilities of a VR6 clutch are or did i do something wrong on the install? The story: So i just put this clutch in a few weeks ago, drove it nice and gently for the first tank of fuel - 700+ miles. started driving less gentle (my normal...
  16. K

ALH injecion pump to AHU

So i bought an 11mm ALH pump because the one on my car is leaking like a sieve... but it didnt come with a sprocket. :( Now do i: A) Find a sprocket and get the bracket and sprocket machined to fit the ALH pump with supposedly new-ish seals B) Take the guts out of one of my many spare AHU...
  17. K

MAP less tune? MAF controls all fueling.

I've searched and come up empty handed, maybe I'm just not using the right keywords... I dunno. My question is: can you control a TDIs fueling with MAF only, leaving the control of boost to mechanical means only? Can/will Malone write such a tune? I still have to cash in my tune I bought at...
  18. K

FS: 2002 jetta, dead 01M

pretty sure the wife's car just blew its tranny. My mechanic (dad) is gonna look at it tomorrow and call up another mechanic to look at it but im pretty sure shes toast. i want to sell it as a running engine, with or without the carcass attached. In my eyes, its not in good enough shape to...
  19. K

FS: GT15 turbo and SDI intake

Stock GT15 turbo (the one on the right), worked fine when i pulled it off but doesnt include the oil feed/drain fittings. Unknown miles, minimal radial play and zero axial play. $50 plus shipping, firm on this price. functioning turbo for the price of a core... SDI snail intake PN:038 129...
  20. K

2003 jetta 210k 5spd Waupaca,WI $2500obo

i bought it with a broken idler pulley bolt. The cam and crank timing matched up but IP was 90* out. I pulled the head anyway to inspect for any damage to it and put it all back together and did a high mileage timing belt kit. Nearly all my parts were from IDparts. i can pull up the info in...