Search results

1. S

MPG with Air cond ON

I leave my system on auto 99% of the time (winter and summer). I'm at 30,xxx miles and my AVG MPG is 42.6 using Gas Cubby since day 1 of owning my car. I've had the car since March 2012. I put about 28,000 miles on my car per year. I will say that my AVG MPG is rising now that I'm at the...
  2. S

Whining noise getting louder and louder

As a couple have already mentioned, it sounds like the fuel pump. Just noticed this issue tonight. I was 780 miles on my tank when I really noticed it. A few miles later I filled the tank. Sound gone. I typically fill up as soon as the fuel needle hits the red which is why I probably haven't...
  3. S

Cornsilk Interior on SEL Premium

I agree with the above comment..... Scotchguard works great. It would probably be worth reapplying once a year on the driver seat and any other seats that get frequent usage.
  4. S

Finish Protection

For paint protection, I went with Gtechniq EXO after I clay barred the paint. The EXO works great on the glass as well.
  5. S

A single "popping sound" when braking......

Yep, had the same issue for a while after I bought my car. I'm at 23,000 miles now and I don't have the issue anymore.
  6. S

tunnel hurts my knee-anyone else?

Glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this. It was aggravating the first couple of months. I guess I'm used to it now because I don't notice it anymore. This along with the close proximity of the brake pedal to the gas pedal made for an interesting learning curve. It took a couple of...
  7. S

getting my new TDI tomorrow, need some advice

Good to see some more STL residents on the board. I bought mine from Bommarito and I live in Barnhart. Was happy with the sales experience. And their service dept is outstanding (so far). Had it in for the 10k and 20k service.
  8. S

Oem camera retrofit kit available for 2012 passat?

I don't have part numbers but you can get the kit here: http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=165
  9. S

is this a good deal?

I bought mine at Bommarito. Do yourself a favor and skip Suntrup. I speak from experience. I bought two cars in the past from Suntrup. Suntrup has a "C" rating from the Better Business Bureau. I drove past Suntrup, Dean Team and drove 45 miles to get to Bommarito. They had the best...
  10. S

Which car did you have before?

Fun and interesting post. 1977 Datsun 280z 1980 Camaro Berlinetta 1984 Datsun 280z 1990 Mustang GT 1994 Toyota Truck 1997 Chevrolet Corvette 1998 Ford F150 2002 F250 Powerstroke 2002 Land Rover Discovery 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 2012 VW Passat 12 cars in 25 years...
  11. S

First time or returning VW buyers - Would you buy another?

I bought the TDI more than I bought the VW Passat. I've been driving trucks for 18 years and was tired of paying $500 a month in gas at 16 mpg for my 2008 sierra driving about 25k a year. So, when I finally decided to get a car, I made the decision to get the car with the best MPG but was...
  12. S

Cool features you didn't know your Passat had

I would have to say: 1) the indention on the driver and passenger door handle that you can touch to lock the doors. 2) you can open the door and hold the drivers side window button up or down for 5 seconds and it will open or close all the windows and the sun roof.
  13. S

Turbo Boost Pressure at Idle

I've had two diesel trucks: 2002 Ford F250 Powerstroke and a 2008 Dodge Ram Cummins. Those were both fixed vane turbos. Neither one pulled a vacuum at idle. I haven't heard anything about the turbo on our VWs.
  14. S

Reasons for Diesel anymore.

For me, I was just tired of paying $500 a month in gas driving my truck. I've had trucks for the past 18 years (5 different trucks; 2 of which were diesels). My truck before this Passat was a gas engine. I drive about 25 thousand miles a year. I was averaging 16.5 mpg with my truck. So...
  15. S

Anyone install new exhaust on your TDI

Just curious if anyone has installed a new exhaust system on your 2012, 2013 TDI Passat.
  16. S

Cover art and Shuffle Play

The system will shuffle play. I listen to a lot of my music from the HDD but haven't seen any cover art information yet. It would be cool if it had an interface like the IPhones where you could scan through the library visually with the cover art. But, as it stands, its just a text format.
  17. S

Dealership wants to do first service at 1000 miles

No need to panic. It's a VW policy. They want to look over the car and make sure there are no issues as well as talk to you to see if you have any complaints. It's not a scam of any kind. I took mine in during the first 90 days specifically for the free "examination". They also check for any...
  18. S

Interesting phone call yesterday

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing problems with the pedals being so close to each other. It took me about three weeks of driving to not have the issue anymore. I'm not sure what I changed in my foot placement, but something I'm doing is different than the first 3 weeks of...
  19. S

Who's got the highest mileage on NMS?

Purchased in March, 2012: 13,xxx miles so far.