Search results

1. R

97 B4 Passat + B4V Donor, Montgomery County MD

Bump. Kids just got cars, driveway is getting crowded. Another couple of weeks or so I'll move the post over to "Parts" and start the parting process.
  2. R

The following is a link to a Google Photos album with the parts I *think* I still have for the B4V. https://goo.gl/photos/McaCce6tDgUfP44G6
  3. R

I think I have one of the fenders, but not the other doors. Hood and hatch are still good. Send me an IM with the parts you are interested in and I'll try to get pictures.
  4. R

1997 Passat, Windsor Blue, 100somethingsomething miles. This was my daily driver for many years, until things started to go south and I couldn't keep up. It ran strong when I parked it 4 years ago, and I started it last year and ran pretty rough, but until I get a battery charger on it I can't...
  5. R

Thinking about buying - opinions?

VW has *always* had trouble with the mid-size market in the US, going all the way back to the Type 3. Lets do the litany: Type 3 (Fastback, Squareback, Notchback) Type 4 (411/412) Dasher Quantum B3-B4 Passats The B5 got a big boost because it was twinned to the Audi A4, but then VWAG decided...
  6. R

I may as well have left 6th at the dealer - I constantly forget it's there.
  7. R

Thanks. It was a stretch, but when I saw what someone in this thread mentioned about the new ones I went on Truecar and saw new ones were not that far above what I was willing to pay for used. It's really the warranty that pushed me over the edge - the Jeep was nickel and dimeing me to death...
  8. R

For the first time in my life I just bought a brand new car. 2015 Passat TDI SE 5 speed. $24k otd, including taxes tags, etc. Dear God what have I done?
  9. R

I understand the difference between the auto and DSG. But I'm just coming off owning a Liberty CRD, and I'm so gunshy on "innovation" right now the prospect of an enlarged left leg is actually attractive. And it definitely has maintenance requirements in excess of a manual, and which I can't...
  10. R

I am staying away from dsg due to the horror stories. And schedule maintenance expenses that don't exist with a manual. I'm open to being convinced I'm wrong but VW's reputation with automatic transmissions sucks monkey balls.
  11. R

Yeah, good point. There are other 2013's, but few with manual trans - VW's auto trans reputation precedes itself. As a follow up, what about 2012's? If I get one CPO or at least with a dealer service history, will the known issues (injection pump, heater core) be addressed?
  12. R

Fixed the formatting. 2 collision repairs, plus some "Body Service" - any fleet types know what that means?
  13. R

My experiment with non VW diesels is about to end, and I am thinking about buying a 2013 Passat SE with a 6 speed manual. The following is a history report on the one I'm considering: Date/ Location/ Odometer/ Data Source/ Details...
  14. R

Feeler: 2002 Golf 4Dr, seized engine, in Maryland

You probably want to start a new thread for your car.
  15. R

TDIDMV requested to see the car after I had set the deadline, effectively requesting preferential treatment over other interested parties. Since I had already asked for everyone's Best and Final offer, and did not want to takea day off, I declined. I stated that the car was being sold on the...
  16. R

I apologize for the late status update. The car is sold pending funds. Thanks to everyone for the offers and advice. If something falls through, I will update everyone.
  17. R

Please shoot me the offer via IM or email. I apologize for not being more clear in my post, so I've edited to add some emphasis.
  18. R

Woohoo, got the title! It shows a lien for the original loan, which was paid off over 5 years ago. The bank is sending me a hard copy of the notarized lien release, and I have an electronic copy already. Per the MVA that's all that's needed, but if a potential buyer has a problem with it we...