Search results

1. G

'97 TDI engine into '97 VR6 possible?

Moderator, please move this to the B4 area, idk what I was thinking.
  2. G

'97 TDI engine into '97 VR6 possible?

A buddy has a '97 TDI wagon that he uses for work. Engine is great, body is shot. He found an immaculate '97 with a VR6. Both are 5 speed. Is this possible? Can just the engines be swapped with out removing tranny and Bell housing? I understand, fuel tank, lines, exhaust, ECM, wire harness...
  3. G

Coolant heater, Pulaski WI

See pic from fb for sale
  4. G

2000 JEDI TDI for sale @ TDI Fest

This is going to be a long one.... For sale at the TDI Fest (with portion of sale going to TDI CLUB) Will post some pics tomorrow 2000 JEDI TDI 426,000 miles tranny with 60,000ish miles MFA install Bilstiens all around VNT-25 turbo (yes, VNT-25) UPSolute FMIC UPSolute custom remote switchable...
  5. G

Over heating while full of coolant

The rust stains just take away from the soot marks ;)
  6. G

Took off the thermostat and the impeller spun freely. Replaced the pump with a $60 reman from the dealer. Will drive with that for another 20-30k until belt change. I always replace the water pump at belt changes. Checked the thermostat on the stove and it worked fine. Did a cheater job on...
  7. G

History? Would u believe I was at the first TDI fest and supplied the awards. Hows about that for some history. anywho, I changed the belt at 300,000 along with the water pump as I always do and pulleys and such. There are all Genuine VW Parts on there as I get them from the dealer (5% above...
  8. G

Hey all. My 2000 TDI with 370,000 miles has just started to over heat. The odd thing is that the STOP warning comes on (my UK cluster) and then the temp hits 130. I stop and by the time I get to the engine the coolant is filled back up and when I get back into the car the temp comes back down...
  9. G

VNT25 install (still shaking)

I wanted to go out and drive it more but I need a clamp for my tailpipe :(. I went to try and take pics but my car is too low so I will have to wait till I can get it up on ramps again. In the mean time, here is a pics of my jetboat and my new 1976 Thompson :D http://meganjoy.org/images/boats.jpg
  10. G

I live in Oconto. Look up Smithers and tell him we need to GTG :D. And I guess I should point out, "fastest TDI I have been in" LOL, don't wanna p!ss off any of the kids ;)
  11. G

Well, after years of having a VNT25 from a Dodge Daytona (purchased new), I finally got it installed. For the last 265,000 miles (of 341,000 total), I have been running a K04. The K04 was great and I had the boost capped at 24PSI. Suddenly the K04 went south (the same time my mother went in for...
  12. G

Exhaust Manifold for VNT 25?

I am in the process of finally putting on my VNT25. I have had it for years but loved my K04. But after 265,000 miles on the K04 at 24 psi, it finally gave up the ghost :( I had a flange made to mate to the VNT25 and will cut and weld it on the manifold. I have to clock the turbo of course and...
  13. G

1997 Passat TDI wagon FS Chicagoland

LOL, hey man. How the heck u been :D tiz been a long time. We should meet up some time. guess i will have to send a PM ;)
  14. G

Oh, and I guess it is the right rear tire that hit the curb. call Ed for more info.
  15. G

this is the only picture I have of it. Atleast you get to see the cool truck :D
  16. G

My buddy Ed is selling his 1997 Passat TDI Wagon. He slid into a curb a few days ago and now it pulls to the right I guess. He does not want to take the time to fix it so he wants to sell it. It would be a pickup only from Westmont Illinois (Ogden Ave. off of Rt. 83). I will put his phone number...
  17. G

TDIFest 2009

Hey Lawson, get a hold of Rene and see if he wants to help out. Heck, he can pay for Fred's room and I can make the awards again :D
  18. G

help changed the ecu now A4 wont start!

If you replace your ECU it has to be matched to the immobilizer. You have to do this each and every time you switch ECU's on the A4's on up. You can clone two ECU's but there is a tiny chip that needs to be read and then flashed to the 2nd ECU. I do not know if you can do this with VAG-com, but...
  19. G

Carbonio CAI

Do some searching and you will find all kinds of info on CAI's. I would start but then I would get banned for another 5 years :rolleyes: BTW, I found pics of Steve's engine from a while back. Back in the days when drivbiwire and I thought we liked each other I helped him tear it apart. HERE is...