Search results

1. FVWVWF

Hand Brake Lever Button

Has anyone done any work on their hand brake lever? My button on the lever broke. Some of the plastic just broke so I can't re-attach it. Apparently the dealer doesn't sell the button by itself and the dealer is telling me that the entire lever must be replaced. I really don't feel like...
  2. FVWVWF

hiccups

Recently cruising in 3rd...makes the car hiccup here and there. Almost like a stagger for a second. Its only happening when gently accelerating/cruising not when stepping on it and shifting into 4th, etc. Thought an oil change was going to fix it (as it was due in another 1,000 kms) but no...
  3. FVWVWF

Thinking of getting something else...

Still liking my TDI but considering something else. And really, one of the reasons is I want...no wait, I need a starter for the winter months. Anyone have any positive/negative opinions on the following two? They seem to be pretty much the same, mpg, tech wise (think Acura might have more tech)...
  4. FVWVWF

Instrument Cluster

Has anyone played around with lights or colors on their cluster? For example, LED lights, changing display colors, etc Just recently googled some stuff and there's some neat stuff that can be done just wondering if anyone has done something to theirs already.
  5. FVWVWF

2012 struts

Anyone here have any issues with their struts? Havent hit any potholes so not sure how or when but in the last 2 days when I drive at a moderate speed and hit a "dip" in the road, I hear a lound snap/bang in the left rear. Its most likely a strut (at least that is what it sounds like). Going to...
  6. FVWVWF

1min weird chocking/rattle druing break on hwy

Weird situation.... Driving on the hwy....pulled over for a 5min break. Turned off the car for about 5min. Started it back up again, backed out of the parking spot....put it in first and it was acting up like I was trying to get going from 3rd or 4th gear. A weird almost rattle like sound from...
  7. FVWVWF

hiccup when cold

It always happens in the morning when I first start the car and put it in 1st. I drive really slow in the parking lot like 5km/hr and the car often has a hiccup before it continues. I'd drive for about 10 seconds, the car then slows down as if I wasn't stepping on the pedal for about a second...
  8. FVWVWF

Dashboard light: Power steering assist reduced

Yellow solid: Power steering assist reduced 2012, 5 speed manual Got into the car, pressed the button once (Kessy), heard a loud click in the steering wheel column and noticed the light came on. Took my foot off the clutch pressed the button again. Waited 5 seconds, pressed the button again...
  9. FVWVWF

rear bumper

Anyone here install a different rear bumper on their 2011/2012 car? I've seen some aftermarket ones, including the "GLI/GTI" looking ones and I like them. Makes the car look completely different from the side/back with steel tips. Thinking of throwing one on. Anyone want to share their...
  10. FVWVWF

'12 Jetta parts

Hey guys, looking for a 2012 wiper cowl. (the plastic cover thing between the windshield and the hood) Mine cracked during the ice storms we had a few weeks back. Dealer wants a nice $80 for it, hopefully someone has a used one I can buy cheaper. Thanks.
  11. FVWVWF

Sunroof....(sensor?)

The other day was hot outside. After driving a bit wiht my sunroof open, I couldnt close it. It would approach the little net thing that pops up and once it would make contact it then would retract. The only way to close the sunroof was to hold the net thing down so the roof can go over it and...
  12. FVWVWF

Hard startups - need guru input

Im posting this a bit late but anyways. My intention is to go to the dealer and have them take a look at it but Id like to arm myself with some knowledge first before they tell me the usual "everything seems fine". 2 months ago, the temperature around here was about -8ºC or so. I have a '12...
  13. FVWVWF

Start up noises

Just wondering if anyone else has this happening to them or if its just my car. Sometimes (not always) on colder days, when I start my car it makes this "screeching" noise as if ice was stuck in between the body and something else. It goes away after a minute or less. Its similar to a squeeking...
  14. FVWVWF

foggy windows

This subject came up a few times, just havent seen any pics so I dont now the extend of this problem with other owners. Anyone see this much fog on any given day in their 2011 or 2012's? I've tried everything, various fan/ac, open or closed window combinations and nothing seems to help. I've...
  15. FVWVWF

foggy windows

Does anyone else notice the amount of moisture inside their cars? I've had numerous Jetta's before...not sure if its the model or not but my interior windows of the 2012 fog up like crazy every day. Doesnt matter what the himidity is, cold or warm...windows are always fogged up. Especially the...
  16. FVWVWF

Water under the hood of a 2012

Ok..this is something that bugs me... After washing the car (car wash or by hand, dont matter), I noticed that there is a good amount of water underneath the hood all around the engine. Specifically there is a spot on the right closer to the radiator next to the battery where some wires lay...
  17. FVWVWF

winter tires (Halifax)

Anyone know good places to get them? (with rims) Im guessing 16's would be best? Tks,
  18. FVWVWF

high pitch electronic sound

Im no expert on diesel engines but my previous diesel (a pick up) didnt have this. Can anyone tell me what exactly is this high pitch sound that you can hear when outside of the car but not inside? Its not a whining or windy noise...just sounds like something electronic under the hood is making...
  19. FVWVWF

Tint

Anyone know any glass manufacturers that do tinted car windows around NS or NB? (not the film but with the tint inside the glass itself) Just moved to Nova Scotia....and the tint law here just sucks. Thanks
  20. FVWVWF

Touch Screen display changes/upgrades on the Fender

Might be a stupid question but Im a noob. 2012 TDI Highline with Fender tech package....first car that I have with the whole touch screen NAV, etc. factory installed. Is there a way to change or add to the entire display of this program/system? Meaning, colors, background or wall paper, etc...