Search results

1. 2

Gasoline from Diesel Pump @ BP?

Well it happened to me @ the BP station in Lake City Florida back in Feb. We pulled into the clearly marked DIESEL PUMP (green hose and handle) with our 2004 MB SPRINTER campervan. Cheerfullly pumped $78 worth and went on our way--for about a mile. Got towed to a shop which was not...
  2. 2

2004 Jetta Passenger window mech. BROKE

Yesterday I tried to put it down and I heard a PING and now it won't go up or down, although I can hear the motor spinning both ways. Strange thing is I was able to put it back up using the key feature from outside! Anybody had this problem? IN the pacific NW I NEED all these windows to...
  3. 2

Boiling point of coolant @ 5000 feet altitude

Can anyone tell me the boiling point of 50/50 glycol mix at this altitude? I think the pressure in the system is about 20 PSI or so. My 2004 MBenz Sprinter is running hotter on grades in the mountains than seems right in cool weather. The RED PART of the (Canadian Model) temp guage reads...
  4. 2

BEW Coolant Temp Sensor\check engine light

Intermittant CEL resulted in fault code PO118 at my dealers service of choice (Sunwest VW in Courtenay, Brirish Columbia (central Vancouver Island.) I declined to agree to replacing the sensor at this time for lack of time and money. CEL is not FLASHING and only intermitent anyway. Any...
  5. 2

Getting the last oil out of the filter cannister

Hello all----I have a 2004 BEW. Recently a VW tech told me that I could unscrew the botom (plastic) piece off the bottom of the oil filter cannister to clean out the sludge. Just have to put in a new O-ring. Has anybody done this and how did it go? I have a DieselGeek/Amsoil bypass setup and...
  6. 2

"Free Fuel Forever"??????????

I'm seeing a rash of these notices "Earn Free Gas Cards" what they all have in common is the web address "Neverpayfor fuel.com" preceeded by someone's name. Appears to be some kind of pyramidal scheme selling automotive products in the Bi-Tron line. Things like cleaners that use NO WAter, oil...
  7. 2

CD player endlessly repeats track! Help!

Recent development---worst thing that has gone wrong so far! (110.000 KM) Strange thing is: it even does it when the CD that's playing is in the 6-disc changer in the back!(Alpine model CHMS630 that has worked perfectly so far) I can change tracks normally backwards and forwards manually. but...
  8. 2

Using Furnace oil in TDI's (PD's)

I would really like to know if anybody out there in Fred's land is using bulk furnace oil for fuel, especially in the 2004-2006 PD motors. Ive been told repeatedly by bulk fuel dealers inthe US and Canada that there is abvsolutely no diffenence between "furnace oil" (untaxed) and "road...
  9. 2

Return to '04 BEW(PD) EGR Cooler Issue

For those that don't know yet, the nortoious EGR cooler failures in these motors (and other?) is now a formal recall! I got the paperwork from VW Canada Inc. yesterday: "Emissions Recall M6, 2004-2005 model year VW Golf, Jetta, and New Beetle Vehicles with TDI: Engines. Yup! About time! So I...
  10. 2

New Skid Plate!

Just got my new heavy-duty skid plate from Evolution Imports in Ladysmith, BC----That's on Vancouver Island just south of Nanaimo. I couldn't be happier with the product and with the fast, meticulous installation by Neil and Amy. Somewhat complicated by the fact that I insisted on also...