Search results

1. C

High Beam bulb replacement

I bit the bullet and Phillips Crystal Platinum H7 bulbs. Simple task. Improved my visibility by quite a bit. Not enough living rural on dark roads. Gonna put them in low beam sockets and replace with either Osram nite breakers or Phillips Nite Something. Realize my downfall are the...
  2. C

2015 Passat TDI Oil Pan Leak I think

I changed oil last week, as usual, no problems. No leak from filter assembly (replaced the O rings as usual), oil toppped off, used new 14 mm crush washer aluminum, could not find copper. Oil leaked on driveway, almost two quarts in a few days since, very little driving. SO, I pulled drain...
  3. C

Crush washer size please

2015 passat se tdi I've searched and found answers to both 12 and 14 mm size. What is correct. I put a 14 on at last oil change seemed a bit large, but is probably ok. I've got some brain fog from drugs, so things just aint working right. Appreciate some confirmation. greg
  4. C

H/L beam light suggestions

2015 SE TDI Passat. Been reading a bunch, but not sure what is best for money. Going to LED, not interested in HDI. Some say SilverStar don't last. What is your experience. Appreciate the help and suggestions. coulee
  5. C

Feeler on selling 2015 Passat SE 6spmanual

Curious what kind of demand there is on my 2015 Passat SE 6sp manual, 56k miles. I've been looking online but not seeing many out there. Even though they are not being made anymore. Is there still a demand for them or not? Not ready to sell yet. Due to health issues I many be selling it...
  6. C

2015 Passat TDI SE Fog Lights Ideas

Would like to add foggies to my car. It did not come with them. I would install with a separate switch in cabin vs. Euro switch system which I see is not available. Anyone have and good product suggestions that you like. Thanks Coulee
  7. C

2015 Passat TDI brake/clutch replace

Anyone done this. Did it many times on my 04 jetta tdi. Heard the clutch port was different, plastic part. Anything I need to know before I do this. Any pictures or videos done. Did not see anything on searches and internet. thanks coulee
  8. C

MN or WI B99/B100 Locations

Laptop not working, trying to find on my phone. I heard available in Madison area, anywhere in Minnesota. I'm only an hour away from Twin Cities in Wisconsin. Much closer. Prefer using Bio for lubricity. Supplier in Cumberland/Duluth shut down couple of years ago. Thanks Coulee
  9. C

2015 passat tdi engine question

Was adding windshield washer fluid, checking oil on car. Noticed in the back left corner of the engine a "bunch of white crud encircling" a pipe there. I carefully broke it off in chunks and cleaned up. The part is black, which connects to a silver colored part, there are two small pipes...
  10. C

All Season Tires for Winter Land

Bought my 2015 passat se tdi a year ago this month, DEC 2018. Love the car, nice upgrade from my 2003 Jetta TDI GL and easier to get in and out of before, during after my knee replacement. My gripe I didn't drive much last year after the accident with my Miata and tanker semi. These...
  11. C

Passat Headlights

Bought this 2015 Passat TDI SE, 6 sp manual almost a year ago. So far a great running car, and really like the ride over my 2003 Jetta tdi I had for 15 years. Headlights are bit dim, I see people talking about Osram (which I like and use on all vehicles as replacements), Silver Star and...
  12. C

Fuel Filler Tube Nozzle Adapter

If you remove the filler tube nozzle adapter, how much more diesel can you put in the tank vs. having it in. I've had my 2015 passat tdi in twice for warranty issues, minor issues, but they must check to see if it has been removed or not, service guy mentioned it. I'm thinking when my CPO...
  13. C

Alternator bearing Tool

I sold my 2003 Jetta TDI last year, bought a 2015 Passat TDI SE. I have some tools and not sure if they will work on passat or not. One item is the alternator bearing removal tool. Does anyone know if this works on the passat or not. If not, I'll be selling or giving away to someone who can...
  14. C

Fog Lights for 2015 Passat SE TDI

Has anyone added fog lights to the above model. I see some expensive options via dealer. Looking for any other possibilities and your experience installing and functionality. couleetdi
  15. C

2015 Passat SE

How to reset Route and other options in convenience menu? Stumped. Followed directions, for ie Route, but does not reset to zero, same with secondary trip, primary trip works using small reset button ok, Can't be that difficult. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? ty
  16. C

2015 Passat TDI 6 sp manual test drive

:confused:Nice test drive today. Sure different than a Jetta. salesman said pull into gas station, I'll add fuel, it's low and with cold weather coming in MN, need to add some. He had a heck of a time getting smaller nozzle into the filler tube. I asked him, how are you supposed to add...
  17. C

2015 Passat TDI 6 sp manual shifting

I am finally able to go test drive a car to replace my Miata which was totaled 3 months ago. Back and knees coming along slowly but I'm functional and wife too. In town driving, like 35 mph what gear you running 3rd or 4th In town driving 45 mph. what gear you running 4th On 55 mph roads...
  18. C

'03 Jetta tdi Sedan muffler issue

Muffler is shot, falling apart, wired up for now, as hanger is gone too Wisconsin winter weather and salt over time. Does any vendor make a pipe to replace from intermediate pipe out back where muffler is? I think the piece before the muffler is an intermediate pipe. or you folks...
  19. C

What Year Model to Buy TDI Passat or JEtta

I would appreciate all advice and experience on which year and model I might buy, Passat or Jetta TDI. Presently driving '03 Jetta GL since it was new.I know the Passat is a bit larger, rides a bit better than the Jetta's. I finally recieved my check for my totaled Mazda Miata. It was my...
  20. C

Back to driving '03 TDI Jetta again

We took my Mazda Miata to Colorado on vacation early Sept. had a great time driving in the mountains. Plenty of power on those mountain roads and just a thrill to drive there. on the way home on I-80, we were rear ended by a semi tractor tanker. Totalled the Miata, my knees are pretty well...