Search results

1. TDITim83

B4V startup issue

1996 Passat TDI Wagon B4V. Installed a brand new rebuilt European spec 1Z engine with Euro pistons. Anyhow. It fired right up. But. The fuel timing kept jumping around and ran funny. It finally didn’t fire back up after a return fuel popped of. i have a slightly larger turbo that can gain...
  2. TDITim83

96 Passat B4V for sale

For Sale 96 Passat Wagon TDI B4V It is gonna need body work. Some rust on panels. Runs but is losing some coolant out reservoir. Complete clutch with new master and slave brake master new timing belt, water pump, thermostat, new brake calipers in past two years. Not many miles since. I...
  3. TDITim83

Update on my B4V

After 5k miles after restoring the engine bay. My engine died. I haven’t touched internal engine. So I am installing a new rebuilt engine. 110 hp European Spec engine. I am going to upgrade the engine power while I’m at it. So should I have turbo rebuilt with a larger billet. and upgrade...
  4. TDITim83

Fuel Injection Pump 1Z AHU questions

So just to rule this out. When it comes to the Fuel Injection Pump. Does one full rotation cycle completely. Like when the engine is timed properly and the engine does one full rotation, does the Fuel Pump rotate one full cycle or does it take two rotations to equal a complete cycle. Hope...
  5. TDITim83

Oil in Pipes from Turbo to Intake

I Have recently restored my engine bay. I have replace a lot. Rebuilt Turbo, Cleaned and Pressure checked the Intercooler, New pipe clamps, and hoses, New Crankcase to Valve cover and Vent Valve. Compression test came in at 420 PSI per cylinder give or take 5 PSI. What else do i need to look...
  6. TDITim83

Turbo Exhaust Manifold Gasket

I was just on a 2k trip and my gasket failed between turbo and exhaust manifold. I had and aftermarket one that was just stainless. The Original had metal on the outside and some kind of Carbon or what ever on between the metal. Were do I find this part.....doesn't seem like I can get my...
  7. TDITim83

Need to purchase a Roof Crossbar and Cargo rack

What is a good priced, quiet and quality roof crossbar set and a good roof cargo rack for my B4V? Any advice would be great full......thanks!!!!
  8. TDITim83

Need recap help on IQ adjustment

I seem to have forgotten how to adjust IP fuel output via Vag Com. I have done the hammer mod and I want to also adjust via Vag Com. I can't seem to find the info on it
  9. TDITim83

How do I properly store an Injection Pump

I am removing an Injection Pump on my 98 Jetta Sedan. It fits my 96 Passat B4V and I want store it properly incase I wanna use it on my Wagon. It was rebuilt 3 years ago. I need to know what fluid I run through it to help preserve seals and such.
  10. TDITim83

Changing Injection Quantity issue

I have been on VAG Com and I can't seem to be able to drop my Injection Quantity low enough. Instead of being around, 3.2 I am above 6. And am only able to adjust it down to 5.8 at best. What am I missing?
  11. TDITim83

B4V help.....still low power

I have recently removed my engine and redone everything exterior to the engine. Minus a few components. I have the car up and running Idles great and is timed slightly advanced. Seems I still am on the slow side for power.....better than it was. I am wondering if the Turbo Pressure Converter...
  12. TDITim83

B4V Roof Rack Capacity

I am wondering if there is any info on roof rack weight capacity. Any info on that would be great
  13. TDITim83

B4V VAGCOM Help!!!!!!!

I have deleted my EGR and want to bring the computer reading down. I believe there is a way to change the number on VAGCOM. Need some advice or some guideline as to how I go about it. Also is there a way to change boost with VAGCOM? I am around 10 to 15 boost when on it.
  14. TDITim83

B4V Subframe Brushings Front....Special Tool?

I am about to replace the Subframe mounts for the engine mount. There are 4 in total....I have the bushings ordered. I was informed there is a possibility that it may require a special tool. Is there something I need for this or what? B4V Wagon with 1Z engine.
  15. TDITim83

B4V Rear Brake Bleeding Procedure?

I am working on a friends B4V and can't seem to Get the Rear Brakes to bleed properly. Still have air inside them. Looks like a valve or something in the rear that is making the noise, maybe a Brake limiter when your slamming on the brakes. It seems to be the culprit. Is there a special tool...
  16. TDITim83

New B4 Passat Wagon TDI

In the past week I have purchased this Storm Gray B4 Passat Wagon TDI. Paid $3k for the car. Last owner was the second owner and owned it for 15 years, from 40k to 260k. The car has been maintained very well from what I can tell. 260k on engine and many maintenance repairs have been done...
  17. TDITim83

2004 Jetta TDI Wagon

$6500 OBO. Spice Red Wagon Manual 189k TDI Wagon All info here on craigslist. Does have a minor oil leak from head. No compression loss. Only one engine code goes off...something with the turbo. Runs great http://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/4886341183.html
  18. TDITim83

Straight pipe thoughts

98 Jetta TDI 1.9 Wanting to do straight pipe from turbo back..... Main question is will it be loud inside the car. Or will it be about the same as stock exhaust. What will be the difference be.....I know you will hear turbo Any thoughts
  19. TDITim83

New injector pump installation

I need to install a new injector pump on my 98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9 I am getting a rebuilt IP from Performqnce Diesel.....are they reputable? They are out of Canada. Anyways, I will be installing the new pump so I need to know how to get the timing correct for both pump and engine....any links or...
  20. TDITim83

Good reputable place for Injector Pumps?

Any ideas.....interested in a used one as well. 98 jetta tdi AHU...but may get the alh depending on the mods