Search results

1. D

Setting up a VP37 from scratch?

I've got an 11mm VP37 which was originally from a landrover or something, so I've swapped a VW head from an old 10mm pump onto it so that the connector is correct. The problem I have is that the pump originally had a drive flange/camwheel on the shaft for a Landrover cambelt etc which had to...
  2. D

Full FIS MK4 Cluster - Locks out after correct login?

I've just installed a Full FIS cluster in my T3/T25 which has a TDi conversion, this replaces a half FIS cluster previously fitted. Problem with this cluster is that it seems to lock me out once I've logged in CORRECTLY with the pin code and made a change to the coding. For example, tonight...
  3. D

160 to 140mph VDO Cluster conversion (not swap).

Picture for reference.
  4. D

Awesome, thank you for that. i've downloaded it but when I run it, the text is all garbled, looks like I may need to install a language pack or something? Any clues?
  5. D

I can install the 160mph Full-FIS cluster but I want a 140mph Full-FIS cluster, which I don't believe exists, which is why I want to CONVERT my 160 to a 140. The van isn't quick enough to warrant having a 160mph cluster, just feels kind of weird fitting one. If I could get say, a 120mph one I...
  6. D

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has converted a MK4 Full-FIS 160mph cluster to a 140mph cluster. I know, it's the opposite to what most people would want to do, but I have TDI converted my T3/T25/Vanagon camper van and the half-FIS display unit I have fitted is failing. I have a full-FIS...
  7. D

AFN engine stuck injectors - And injector wear?

As far as I know, injector balance didn't come in until the PD series, although I'm happy to be proved wrong. I've never seen individual injector flows on a VE series engine before.
  8. D

AFN engine stuck injectors - And injector wear?

I have an AFN engine in my T3/T25 and decided after 7 years that I should substitute in the 520 injectors that I had removed from my ASV engine to see if there was any difference. The AFN has 520's in it but they are about 200k miles old. First problem was that injectors 3 and 4 were stuck, I...
  9. D

Flashing Glowplug light, lack of power, now dead 2.0TDi 150

Lift pump and control module were from a diesel, same as mine. The Gas/petrol versions are different, I think they use a conventional style pump as the controller unit only has 5 wires, instead of the 6 on this one.
  10. D

Writeup of this over on the MK7 forum; https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-tdi-2-0-rough-running-then-non-start-fuel-related-p3044-p3045-p0087-codes.380226/
  11. D

Turns out it was the Fuel pump controller, although I have replaced both it and the pump/sender unit with items from a scrap car. Original controller part number was 5Q0 906 121G, replaced with a 5Q0 906 121P. Simple plug and play replacement. I did a LOT of analysis of the controller, pump...
  12. D

Driving to work this morning I got a flashing GP lamp and lack of power, what felt like a misfire (more like a rev-limiter) above 2500rpm. At the same time and Error popped up on the MFD saying Start-Stop system error. Probably unrelated but I did notice that it happened immediately after the...
  13. D

2.0 TDi Droning/buzzing noise - at low throttle

Hello everyone, I recently got a 2013 MK7 with the 2.0 TDi (CRBC) and noticed that there's an odd sort of droning noise when you gently press the accelerator, whether you're driving or sitting with the vehicle in neutral it's always the same. I found a video on YouTube about someone with the...
  14. D

AFN Tuning service? (Only need files)

Thanks Exenos, just noticed your reply on the thread so wanted to say cheers as I've not checked here in a while. I'm now considering using the EDC15+ ECU from my old ASV MK4 golf, but may have a bit of a play with the AFN ECU before I remove that old system and also upgrade to an 11mm pump.
  15. D

PD150 ARL Engine, smoke/shuddering on start.

Tracked the poor idle/smoke down to the GP relay in the relay panel, relay number 167. Relay coil was open circuit, reading 500 ohms (snubber resistor only), instead of ~50ohm for a good relay, made the ECU think the relay was still good. Car has also been slow to catch on startup, noticed...
  16. D

So today a couple of times I noted a slight hesitation on acceleration in 3rd gear when pulling hard. This has happened in the past but simply went away of it's own accord. Again is this a sign of injector loom failure or something else obvious? No worries :)
  17. D

Checked the glow plugs today, all absolutely fine, however I smashed my GP connector loom getting it off them, this will be the second one I've put on this car due to it going brittle with age.
  18. D

Yea, I'm quite happy annealing the copper washers but the PD injectors have a series of O-rings on the body which seal against ports in the bore. They frequently burst through unfortunately so it's not recommended to reuse them.
  19. D

I'm not getting any error codes related to the injector loom, what are the symptoms you would expect from a failing loom? I have a spare set of injectors for this car, but they will require new seals etc before fitting.
  20. D

I'll be sure to check that tomorrow, pretty confident they are fine as I replaced them less than a year ago along with half the harness as it shattered when I attempted to remove it.