Search results

1. T

CEL just came on and I’m on a trip; can Autozone use their scanner to locate issue

Can Autozone scan it for the problem or must Vagcom be used? 2011 Sportwagon
  2. T

D&D Auto in Storrs CT closing

TDI guru who ran D&D Auto passed away 😢
  3. T

Air suspension for Sportwagen

I put a hitch on my CPO 2011 Sportwagen, but it sits noticeably lower than my old 2002 sedan did. Anyone have experience with rear air suspension helpers? Thanks
  4. T

Hi Perf Driving school w/TDI Cup cars, Thompson CT

For those who want to drive really really fast TDIs, really really fast (:(warning; 'taint cheap) "The TSMP High Performance Driving School is designed to give drivers, no matter their experience, the chance to drive a professional race car on a real racetrack. The school is comprised of...
  5. T

Door keeps unlocking itself

At first I thought it was me forgetting to lock the car. But recently I've noticed that sometimes I'll lock my car, and when I get back, the driver's door is unlocked. The alarm is still set, because it will go off if I open the door. I've even tried setting the lock twice. What I don't know is...
  6. T

I got a brand new key; need to program..

I just had two new keys cut and need to get their chips and one transponder programmed. I only have one original key/transponder. Is there anyone that can help me out on this? I think VAG Tech is needed but am not positive... Thanks
  7. T

MAP sensor; non-oem $20

Has anyone use a Blue Streak MAP sensor? at $20 including shipping it is tempting... http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-AUDI-Manifold-Absolute-BOOST-MAP-Pressure-THRUST-Sensor-038906051-0281002177-/160660977211?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item256823f63b#ht_3659wt_698
  8. T

CEL on after hitting a deer

I just got my 02 back from the body shop, and the CEL is on. It went on as I drove it there. I hooked up my VAG COM and it has: 16491 Manifold Pressure Sensor; Signal too high, 17569 Fuel Temp Sensor; short to ground. The body damage was limited to the grill, hood, right headlight, and a...
  9. T

Dallas to NE Connecticut

I bought an 02 Jetta TDI with 76000 miles via Ebay in Dallas. I had it checked out, and a TB/WP done, by Steve Glover of Technical Diesel Innovations in Fort Worth (http://pwp.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=388334&ck=). (He and his crew do excellent work, and was very accommodating). He...
  10. T

Did I screw up my first oil change

I used to use Mobil 1 5-40 truck diesel oil in my 98. I just changed my oil in my 02 TDI using 0-40 spec 501.00. is this NFG for my car?
  11. T

FS: 98 Jetta TDI 5sp, 315,000 mi $2000

SOLD: 98 Jetta TDI 5sp, 315,000 mip; Reduced to $1900 SOLD Selling my faithful TDI to make room for another one. I have owned it since 2000 when I bought it w/ 49,000 mi. I've done oil changes every 10k w/correct spec oil, and mileage is highway mostly. Timing belt changes done every 60k mi...
  12. T

Ready to move on from my A3

My '98 A3 w/313,000 miles is running great, but the NE winters have taken their toll. I've got the luxury of taking my time to find the perfect replacement, but looking for some input. I'm not one to let go of a vehicle before it's 'used up,' and I don't like the way a new car dumps value in...
  13. T

Brake hose at compensator

I've been looking at online parts sources but can't seem to locate the short hose near the rear beam at the compensator. Mine blew out today and not sure if this a dealer-only item. Any experience out there to help my 310,000 mile A3?:confused: Thanks
  14. T

Jumps out of 2nd and 4th gear (manual)

Help - my 302,000 mile A3 just started jumping out of 2nd and 4th gear. All is ok in 1st, 3rd and 5th. It stays in while under load, but jumps into neutral when I let off the throttle.
  15. T

300,000 Miles today!

:D Made it to 300,000 miles on my way home from work today. Of course, the oddometer resets to zero, so who's going to believe it except TDIers..:rolleyes:
  16. T

A3 1Z oil pan cover retainers

Hi - My 98 Jetta A3 with AHU has a steel oil pan, with plastic cover over it. It's held on with one metal clip on one side, and two plastic pegs on the other. Can anyone tell me what is the part number to get these pegs, as one is gone? Thanks-
  17. T

Someone left a TDI Club card

...on my windshield in Manchester CT at Kohl's. Kewlz! :cool: TomR Red 98 A3
  18. T

Unbelievable!

:eek: A coworker had a guy pull up in his driveway with a Golf TDI and asked if he wanted to sell his 98 Jetta A3 TDI (with less than 100k miles). He said sure, give me $4k. Cash paid and gone. AAAAAHHHHH! I would have given him that, flipped my A3 with 200+k miles and...
  19. T

Airbag light flickers

My 98 Jetta A3 airbag light flickers occasionally. The flickering doesn't coincide with anything(i.e. accel, braking, cruise). It's just annoying enough to cause me concern. My 'garage' pc is shot so I can't hook up to my VAGCOM. Another annoyance: after I R&R'd my radio, there is now a minute...
  20. T

Dk blue A4 in Stafford CT

Someone drove past me in a on Rt 32 giving a thumbs up to my red A3 TDI. Didn't get to wave back, but he's got to have good eyesight to spot the front TDI badge as we passed from opposite directions at about 60! TomR 98 Jetta TDI Red