Hi Perf Driving school w/TDI Cup cars, Thompson CT

TomR

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen 02 Jetta red(gone), 1998 Jetta(gone), 1981 Rabbit dsl(gone)
For those who want to drive really really fast TDIs, really really fast :)(warning; 'taint cheap)
"The TSMP High Performance Driving School is designed to give drivers, no matter their experience, the chance to drive a professional race car on a real racetrack. The school is comprised of one-day events featuring training and feedback from world-class instructors, four complete racing sessions—including debriefs— as well as a catered lunch. With this program, drivers get to experience screaming through turns at 70-90 mph and hitting speeds well over 125 mph on the straightaways.
This experience features the same cars driven in the Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup, North America’s first clean-diesel racing series. The TDI Cup cars are race-modified, with more power than you can imagine – and are adapted especially for drivers with limited track time.
Students will drive at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park which features a 1.7 mile historic road course. TSMP is centrally located between Boston, Providence and New York City, and just 45 minutes from Mohegan Sun.
The TSMP High Performance Driving School is the right driving school for you, whether you:
• Have always wanted to get behind the wheel of a race car
• Have started racing and know you need better skills
• Love to drive fast – and want to drive faster than the highways allow
• Want to learn the tools to drive your own car better, faster, more safely
Read about a day at the TSMP High Performance Driving School or fill out this form to schedule your race day."

http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/driving-school/about

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Sounds like a lot of fun. Its too bad I live nowhere near CT. Many years ago I spent a couple of weekends doing a high performance driving school at Mid-Ohio. I learned a lot, plus it was definitely the most fun I have ever had with my pants on. If you have never driven on a good road course, it is like something you cannot even imagine. After 20 minutes on the track, you will be exhausted - but it will be very difficult to wipe the grin off of your face.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. As an interesting aside - After 4 days on the track (2 weekends), I was asked "what was the most important thing you learned?". To my surprise, it was not about high speed driving. What I learned was a lot of important things about braking. What I learned (and got to practice) about threshold braking has probably saved my butt several times in emergency situations. It works much better than ABS.

Blodgett

TDI
1.5 R4 16v TDI CR 66-81kW
TDI school proessays

Hi guys,

Any news about the 58th annual World Series of Speedway Racing at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park? I received an email about the event: October 9-11 with an offer for camping reservations. But wasn't it cancelled because of the pandemic outbreak?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
First place to check is their web site:

"The 58th annual World Series of Speedway Racing returns to Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park, October 9-11! Thompson Speedway will run at 25% grandstand capacity for this event per guidelines from the state of Connecticut and local public health officials. Face coverings are required when social distancing is not possible, including while walking through the entry, and in the midway and pit area. Face coverings are not required when you are in your own pit stall or seated, socially distanced in the grandstands. More information will be available closer to the event."