Search results

1. Trepex

Is this a good jack choice?

Debating between these two jacks (2-ton and 3-ton) and wondering if I'll have a problem with the rails (ie. will the jack head fit without problems). The 2-ton kit is nice, as it comes with the chocks and stands, but it seems a little less popular...
  2. Trepex

I'll always love this car...

My wife and I bought a 2010 TDI Golf Wagon last year and have had a blast driving it over the last year. We're expecting a new addition to the family in August and realized we needed a second car. By some miracle I convinced my wife to give in to the "fun" side and go for a GTI! We're anxiously...
  3. Trepex

Ottawa Detailing Shop - to do deal with "water aftermath"

I had a sunroof incident and the car got pretty wet. I dried everything out using a shop vac, towels, dehumidifier and heating the seats. I'm looking for a reputable shop in Ottawa that can try to clean and recondition the leather where the water sat in my front seats (leather is kind of stiff...
  4. Trepex

Rain + Sunroof aftermath

In a bonehead move I left the sunroof open (like completely open) during a torrential downpour today. Luckily things only got wet from the gear shift back, as far as the rear of the front seats. The leather seats kept the water pooled and I was able to mop it all up, as well as the water that...
  5. Trepex

Where to find radio code?

Hello, I'm stumped on something that I thought would be simple and I can't seem to find an answer here in the forums, nor by general googling. I recently upgraded my 2010 Wagon with an RNS-510 unit to replace my RCD-510. I'd like to sell the RCD, but I don't know where to find the radio code...
  6. Trepex

Operation "RNS-510 Transplant"

I'm pretty excited! It arrived in the mail yesterday and I'm doing the install today! Already disconnected the position sensor, so it really is just an issue of popping out the old unit and sticking this one in. I watched that video of the guy popping out the centre vent to put the GPS antenna...
  7. Trepex

Recommendations for servicing, PM, etc.

So this is my first new vehicle, and it means I'm a little naive in terms of how things work with servicing through the dealer. In the past I've always just gone to my local mechanic and never had work done at the dealer, because nothing was covered and it was all out of my pocket. My dealer...
  8. Trepex

FOUND! Position sensor on 2010 Golf Wagon (Sportwagen)

I can finally confirm the location of the position sensor (compass / kompass) on the 2010 Golf Wagon (Sportwagen)! I'm installing the RNS-510 nav unit and it seems that it's a fact that you need to unplug the existing position sensor and disable it in VCDS. It is, as was widely believed, to...
  9. Trepex

Normal high-pitched sound at idle?

My wife and I have noticed that when we are outside of the vehicle or have the door open while it's at idle, there is a high-pitched sound that we can hear over the sound of the engine. I can't tell if it's the same frequency as the high pitched ASV sound that we hear for a few seconds after...
  10. Trepex

Bentley VW Service Manual 2010 TDI ?

Hey Folks, I'd like to pick up the Bentley service manual for my TDI Golf Wagon, but I'm wondering as to the best place to get it. Amazon Canada has it for $133... ouch...
  11. Trepex

Best Fuel Option in Ottawa East (Orleans) ?

Hi All, Happy new '10 Golf Wagon TDI owner here! I've been reading a lot of the fuel info/debate threads here and it seems like my best option is the Shell station at Tenth Line / Innes. I was sad to hear that Loblaws Refuel isn't a good choice, because it was so convenient and we liked the...
  12. Trepex

My wagon is finally here!

I was away on business last week when we got the call that our wagon had arrived at the dealership! My wife did the delivery and then picked me up at the airport in the new beauty :) We got a 2010 Golf Wagon TDI Highline in platinum grey and boy are we happy with the colour choice. Some would...
  13. Trepex

2010 Golf Wagon (NAV-enable my Canadian Wagon!)

Hi All, First post here. Signing on the dotted line this afternoon for a 2010 Golf Wagon and I have a question regarding retrofitting the stock RDC-510 (that the Canadian Highline models come with) with an RNS-510. So frustrating that the RNS-510 isn't an option here up north! I'm wondering...