Search results

1. J

things that work for increasing economy?

Besides driving style and weight reduction what can be done get better mpg? When I search throug the threads I get all these bogus things like acetone and magnets if somone could point me to a clear link on this I'd appriciate it.
  2. J

DSG retrofit

has anyone done this yet? I would love to do it depending of course on the cost. I was thinking about a new car because my wife dosent want to drive the standard so this would be a great way to keep what we have and probably still save us some money over buying new!
  3. J

customer service for window clip

this is the first thime in 6years so i guess im lucky. I have the alien window contraller will the service guys have a problem with that?
  4. J

vw ecu flash?

ok great now it makes perfect sense! thanks guys!
  5. J

thanks that should help I wonder why she said no on th phone I guess she thought it was the window regulator not just the clip and maybe the regulator recall is not on my car.
  6. J

vw ecu flash?

I spoke with customer service and it is a ecu reflash. They call it an "emmisions service action" and she said it fixes a problem wit the ecu connecting to a scan tool. SO my question now is why are the calling it emmisons service action when it has nothing to do with emmisions?
  7. J

UBB17-ML-1150393-ML- Posted in the wrong forum section.
  8. J

My window recently dropped into the door and I managed to get it out and tape it up for now as it was going to rain heavily and read the the stealer would fix these under a 7year no charge thing after calling vw customer service either she looked up the wrong thing and my 99.5 jetta is not...
  9. J

Audi Q7 may get diesel for U.S.

does anyone know if will this be a diesel hybrid?? or gas only in the hybrid?
  10. J

Source for 3.5mm i.d. and 5mm vacuum hose

what sizes did you get they dont seem to sell the 3.5mm so I am guessing you got the 3mm and all is good?
  11. J

Source for 3.5mm i.d. and 5mm vacuum hose

I can find either on sites but none seem to carry both does anyone have a good source for both 3.5mm i.d. and 5mm i.d. types of hose???
  12. J

vw ecu flash?

not a recall just a service campaign it's somthing to do with emmisions they said but like i said the idea of them touching my ecu without me knowing exactly what they are doing gives me the willies.
  13. J

vw ecu flash?

must not be the recall im looking at as my car is not pd I havent had any other flashes done so thats not a problem but I dont want them poking things unless it is somthing that I need .
  14. J

vw ecu flash?

99.5 jetta tdi
  15. J

TDI Fest 2006: The winner is....

kewl I missed the toronto fest because I was moving to pa the same dates met some people coming back from it in NY who saved my A$# by doing their cat fuel filter installed and giving me theirs to replace my broken one! Im thrilled to have it near my so I can go this time !!!!!!
  16. J

vw ecu flash?

also does anyone know if this might fix my stupid clock it runs fast all the time?
  17. J

what to check next 17964 Charge Pressure Control

Re: what to check next 17964 Charge Pressure Contr the n75 didnt seem very dirty when i cleaned it out a little dark stuff came out but im thinking more vaccum problem. just waiting for a reply to see if high tem silicone had the 5mm as well as the 3.5mm I know they have. anyone see a place...
  18. J

vw ecu flash?

I was on the phone with vw a while ago and the said they have a campaign on for reprogramming the emmissions or somthing like that what I am wondering is if anyone has had this done and what exactly are they doing would it improve or degrade performance or have no effect??? Thanks
  19. J

vw ecu flash?

I was on the phone with vw a while ago and the said they have a campaign on for reprogramming the emmissions or somthing like that what I am wondering is if anyone has had this done and what exactly are they doing would it improve or degrade performance or have no effect??? Thanks
  20. J

what to check next 17964 Charge Pressure Control

been having the 17964 Charge Pressure Control code for a while now and so far I have. Changed air filter Replaced MAF Cleaned Intercooler Cleaned Intake Manifold Cleaned N75 Am in the research process of buying vacuum lines to replace the old ones. I am looking for something else to check...