what to check next 17964 Charge Pressure Control

Jeef

TDI
1999.5 Silver Arrow
been having the 17964 Charge Pressure Control code for a while now and so far I have.
Changed air filter
Replaced MAF
Cleaned Intercooler
Cleaned Intake Manifold
Cleaned N75
Am in the research process of buying vacuum lines to replace the old ones.

I am looking for something else to check while i am doing the last item any idea's?

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
Re: what to check next 17964 Charge Pressure Contr

Cleaning the N75 may not be good enough - but changing out the lines may fix the problem, so don't buy one until it becomes the only option.

Check the intercooler tubes very carefully. You may have done this when cleaning it, but make sure the system doesn't have any split in it.

Jeef

TDI
1999.5 Silver Arrow

the n75 didnt seem very dirty when i cleaned it out a little dark stuff came out but im thinking more vaccum problem.
just waiting for a reply to see if high tem silicone had the 5mm as well as the 3.5mm I know they have. anyone see a place that sells both?

dhollist

TDI
2001 Jetta GLS

Use a Mity-Vac to pull a vacuum on the hose that leads from the N75 to the turbo and see if the vacuum holds. If it holds, and you've got at least 20" of vacuum on the "supply" side of the N75 with the engine running, replacing all of your vacuum lines probably won't help.

I cleaned my N75 and considered EVERYTHING before giving in and buying an N75. Details here

If you've got at least 20 inches of vacuum on the brake booster side of the N75, and the VNT isn't operating freely, my bet would be on the N75 being bad. Mine was not operating the VNT properly even though it made all the right noises during the VAG-COM output test. The dealer replaced the injector pump and turbo under warranty and never even suggested that the N75 might be the problem, even though that would have been a "customer pay" repair and not covered under warranty at 60,000 miles.

I'm not saying to just replace it blindly, but if your VNT is not operating freely, loosen it up with some spray penetrating oil and some elbow grease, then check to see if your turbo works properly afer swapping your N60 with your N75 (they look the same except the N60 has a black top, and the N75 has a white top).

If everything works well with after swapping these parts, order yourself an N75 for $60 plus shipping and you'll be as happy as when the car was new.

Dave