Search results

1. travis45

Water/Meth but.... Oil in charge pipe

Keep us posted on how the wmi helps the temps. The cr170 turbo does seem to make a lot of heat. It's a nice replacement for a stock turbo, but it isn't really a big turbo.
  2. travis45

Build Update CJAA

I wouldn't say I have fuel issues. The engine was blown up for most of the last two years hahaha!
  3. travis45

Build Update CJAA

Fresh tune. Still working on dialing up the rail pressure. Spins the tires on dry pavement with the Wavetrac LSD quite easily. (EMP gauge is plugged)
  4. travis45

Build Update CJAA

Doing fine so far. Could use a bit of refinement in the tune. Clunks a bit into gear when cold, but I'm not bothered by it. Clamping pressure is over 16bar I believe. Can't remember exactly.
  5. travis45

Build Update CJAA

Green Bay area
  6. travis45

Build Update CJAA

Car is running pretty good. Still working a few bugs out. Some glow plug issues here. Can't figure out if it is because I turned them on for some long burns 30 seconds + or if this is just cylinder temps. My EGTs are running quite low though. Around 650°C after longer multi gear wot pulls...
  7. travis45

Malone Tuning Stage 4 Review

Getting this dialed in takes some patience. Glad to hear you are back on track.
  8. travis45

Pump or Rail Pressure while cranking?

You need 400-500 bar rail pressure during cranking.Measuring blocks 19-21 have actual rail pressure I believe. Or at least one or two of them do. I'd log requested and actual.
  9. travis45

Pioneering Performance

Yes, bought some VKLR parts. Nice fellow. Element on the forum here just purchased a turbo from Adam I believe.
  10. travis45

High quality oil for high horsepower application

Haha, Kevin. Tell him what your job is....
  11. travis45

Using settled unfiltered WVO in a 1Z

Here's my 1Z setup. Put like 100K miles on it and was running perfectly when I sold it... Miss that old ****box... http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=361123
  12. travis45

We are working up the fueling. I expect to reach the limit of the pump at some point. First working up rail pressure to max the pump can take to minimize injection duration. Hopefully this will also help to keep EGT's low. Once we hit the max the pump can take, back off a smidge and start...
  13. travis45

EGT's aren't a problem... For now that is On long three gear pulls, the EGT's are topping around 500°C and actually tapering off. This surprised the hell out of me. With the smaller turbos I was hitting 1000°C no sweat in one gear. I have to assume the porting, cams, larger valves and turbo...
  14. travis45

I appreciate the comments. I think I'm going to try the Motul Sport Ester 5w50. Along with monitoring oil temps carefully before any sustained hard throttle driving. I've been doing some AutoX, but that is only hard throttle for about a minute at a time. The other thing that I didn't mention...
  15. travis45

Interesting conversation. I guess to clarify, I do want to be able to track this car hard. What Darkside has found is that oil temps can get out of hand. I have added an oil cooler and upgraded radiator. Need to sort out an oil temp sensor yet. The next question is what is a safe max oil temp?
  16. travis45

Build Update CJAA

Still a ways to go on fueling yet.. https://youtu.be/Vhm-MfgILmg
  17. travis45

Can you adjust iq In vagcom on common rails

No. You need a real tune.
  18. travis45

Build Update CJAA

https://youtu.be/SLlj3yxHOZ8
  19. travis45

Build Update CJAA

Would have quit without Mr. Synchros' help. Got the 2700 bar rail sensor in tonight with a freshly tweeked tune from Mark Malone. Runs terrific. EMP is closer to 1:1 with boost. Feels like it's at a good starting point to work up the rail pressure. https://youtu.be/SLlj3yxHOZ8
  20. travis45

WTB: CJAA/CBEA Top Engine Mount

I have some used mounts. Let me know if you are still looking.