Malone Tuning Stage 4 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Well I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out. Just as an FYI diesels are low end torque, so it's no surprise you have power falling off after 3.8k+. Motor on and have fun.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Any of those Stage 4 turbo options should pull through to 4600-4800rpm though. Sounds like some adjustments to the tune will be coming your way to dial in.

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
Getting this dialed in takes some patience. Glad to hear you are back on track.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Suck it up. lol. What are the choices? lol. there is only, suck it up :) Going forward, I do get to decide whether to continue business with Malone or go with someone else. I'm beginning to realize there is more to the TDI industry besides kerma and malone. BTW, does VW Mikel have a website?
Yes he does, TDTuning.com My Stage 4 tune pulls all the way to 5500 RPM at 24 PSI.

InfoSec

Veteran Member
I have had Malone's tunes on my '03 built Jetta ALH, both of my 335D's (2.9), and my ML350 Bluetec (OM642) and have never had any issues with them. No communication errors, no flashzilla (v2 and v3) errors, no tuning issues, etc. I'm very happy with them and I just bought a '14 Golf and I just loaded a 0.5 tune to it and will do the stage 2 when my downpipe comes in. Malone all the way for me.

rhill2901

TDI
2014 VW Jetta
I have had Malone's tunes on my '03 built Jetta ALH, both of my 335D's (2.9), and my ML350 Bluetec (OM642) and have never had any issues with them. No communication errors, no flashzilla (v2 and v3) errors, no tuning issues, etc. I'm very happy with them and I just bought a '14 Golf and I just loaded a 0.5 tune to it and will do the stage 2 when my downpipe comes in. Malone all the way for me.

InfoSec, this is for a stage 4. I've never had any complaints with Malone Tuning tunes on the 0-2 stage tunes. Well, my stage 2 flashzilla was acting up, but not the tune. Its a load tune to car and forget. So, any problems with the flashzilla will be noticed only when you need to remove or install a tune.

My stage 4 was completed over a year ago and I'm quite happy with the results. I no longer contact Malone Tuning, but only because the tune is loaded, and I have had 0 issues. It is very reliable and mileage has been jaw dropping. Last month, on a cross country trip, I averaged 57.1 mpg. Tire pressure at all 4 corners was 41 psi. I'm running Rotella T-6 5w-40 with 0 issues. The stage 4 added to the vw jetta completely transforms the car. If you decide to go this route, be patient with Malone Tuning, and try to find an installer that has installed at least one of these stage 4 kits on your car. You'll be glad you did. This thread can be closed, I've vented my frustrations, and Malone Tuning has made good on their promises. I am happy, and encourage others to become part of the limited individuals that have gone this route.

Status
Not open for further replies.