Search results

1. S

FS: Rear Black trunk Mat, fuel filter, PS fluid and a VW hat

Sold my beloved 2003 TDI Jetta sedan. I have the black trunk mat (weathertech and mint!), a new in the box OEM fuel filter, OEM green PS fluid (7/8 full and brand new from Hewlett VW) and a blue baseball cap with a VW emblem. All are excellent from a non smoker (my car was stock, no bigger...
  2. S

Rear Trunk Mat, fuel filter, frame for Jetta Mk4

selling a black rear trunk mat (weathertech) from a 2003 jetta TDi that I no longer have. It is in excellent condition and has the large lip to contain spills. Also have a TDI frame and an OEM brand new in the box fuel filter (diesel of course) $70 shipped for all three... I take paypal
  3. S

FS: 2003 Jetta TDI $14,750 Austin, TX

Selling my 2003 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed manual (purchased in Aug of 02). I bought this car new from Hewlett VW in Georgetown, TX. It had 4 miles on it when I got it. It has never been in an accident nor had any problems. It currently has 69,000 miles and is just starting to break in. The oil...
  4. S

Where is the diesel commuter?

there was a cigar shaped black 2 cylinder diesel that Porsche was driving years ago and it was getting 120 mpg... where is that car? and WHY is VW not making a suburban type vehicle that is a people/thing holder with great areodynamics and in a diesel? I would buy one today.. first year...
  5. S

Door is close but sticks out 1/8"

My passenger door closes and seems to seal but looking at it from behind, it is stickout out about 1/8" Do I adjust the door pillar hook? Just went out of warranty...
  6. S

FS:Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel 1999

Selling my mother in laws one owner never wrecked very clean 1999 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel. It is Silver with gray leather, sunroof, rear sun shade, mercedes phone and mercedes cd player. Non smoker. Very nice clean car that just had a complete B service from the dealer....Has 90,000...
  7. S

FS:2003 Jetta TDI Silver 5speed 35,700 miles

Selling my 2003 Jetta GL. Bought it straight off the truck in August of 2002 from Don Hewlett VW in Georgetown, TX. Only use Delvac 1 at every 7500 miles after the initial 5000 mile oil change. Car has been flawless with ZERO problems. Non smoker, I do have three small kids and they are...
  8. S

Purolator air, cabin and fuel? worth the saving

s?? I cannot find a thread on it.... I found that my local advanced carries Purolator oil filters (mann germany stamped) and was wondering about the others... the fuel filters are about 25 and the air was 17... think the cabin was 15. I am at 33700 miles and have not changed them... only the...
  9. S

HELP WRONG OIL USED any problems???????

My brother just bought a 2003 TDI and the previous owner is using Mobil 1 5/30w.... The oil was changed at 2500, 5000 and 10500 miles.... Is this going to cause any problems? I told him to get Delvac in it asap.... Where can he find DELVAC in PA??
  10. S

Neuspeed springs..Should I or should I not?

I can't seem to find any posts on Neuspeed springs. I just got a set of sport springs to lower my car 1.5" to remove that nasty wheel gap and tighten up the handling. Should I not replace them? Am I going to affect my handling negatively? The FAQ says not to do it so I am now confused..
  11. S

WILL 95 PASSAT WHEELS FIT A 2003 JETTA?

I am looking for 15" wheels other than the typical avus... will these fit my 2003 jetta? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2405341951&category=33748 thanks
  12. S

Is it safe to buy a used airbag?

is there a way to scan them and make sure they work? I want to replace my nasty cheap plastic steering wheel...
  13. S

Castrol vs. Mobil Oil.. what is the best?

I just went to the stealership to get a diesel filter and they gave me a guilt trip about delvac 1 synthetic vs. the castrol synthetic... Claimed it was made specifically for the TDI and hinted warranty problems... I broke down and bought 5 quarts and still have my Delvac but will change the oil...
  14. S

WTS: case of Delvac 1 Synthetic 5w-40 new stock

Selling a case of Delvac 1 synthetic for 87.00 shipped (80.00 and you pick up in Round Rock/North Austin, TX) Will break up the case too for 24 a gallon delivered...accept paypal, checks or cash (ebay member JOLIECHER) [ December 30, 2002, 10:59: Message edited by: stropp ]
  15. S

Oil Level. Can I just leave it at 1 gallon?

I just bought a case of Delvac 1 and realize that an oil change requires more than 1 gallon. Will it affect the vehicle in anyway if I only fill it with one gallon instead of all the way to the fill mark?
  16. S

replacing steering wheel with multifunction wheel

has anyone tried this?? can it be done easily. I have a 2003 Jetta GL and want to replace the cheap steering wheel with a multifunction wheel (its leather) Can it be done?? airbag? Cover?? function??? [ September 26, 2002, 19:12: Message edited by: stropp ]
  17. S

Where did the ventectomy post go??

I searched high and low with no luck... Went through each post individually... I am ready to do it but can't find it... Where art thou??
  18. S

I hear a buzzes or Buzzes from the pass rear door

Anyone know how to fix or what is causing my buzzing noise from the rear door? The window regulator is not at fault yet...
  19. S

WTB: BLACK Jetta MK4 Grille

Looking for a BLACK Jetta grille for my 2003 TDI. Would trade perfect condition silver (600 miles on car) for a mint black grille. FYI:VWVortex.com has a picture of a silver jetta with a black grille and it is SHARP!! [ August 31, 2002, 00:04: Message edited by: stropp ]
  20. S

New car AIR CONDITIONING temp?????

I just got a new Jetta and remember my 96 freezing me out. With mine cranked to 4 and maximum cold, it barely does the job. What should I be seeing if I put a thermometer in the vent? Should it not freeze me out?? Thanks in advance!!