2002 VW TDI 1.9 engine cover letter

Golfbarnfind

TDI
2002 VW Golf TDI ALH Mk4
Anyone know the OE color of paint for the lettering on top of engine cover? I’m looking for correct factory paint color.

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
You should sell your engine cover on craigslist lol
They are good for literally nothing.
Highly doubt that shade of white is listed anywhere in a specification. At least not that is published, anyway.
Though if there is any remnant of paint, a good body shop should be able to color match it for you.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Highly doubt that shade of white is listed anywhere in a specification. At least not that is published, anyway.
Though if there is any remnant of paint, a good body shop should be able to color match it for you.

That cover is the first thing that hits the never to be found agin pile that gets hauled away by the truck with the big roundish box.

Golfbarnfind

TDI
2002 VW Golf TDI ALH Mk4
I’m doing a restoration. Simple question simple answer. Or no answer

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Would you be offended by a good looking one that happened to come on another car? I too remove mine... :)

Douglas

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
Yes, it’s the thing but what keeps your oil dipstick funnel from breaking.
I have heard of this device I believe... 😂
But actually, when mine started leaking again I just trimmed the excess plastic stuff off of my dipstick tube so I could slide a rubber hose over the end and connected it to the metal pipe with that piece of rubber hose (making sure the length was still correct for accurate level readings) so it is now sort of "rubber isolated". I had intended to make a support bracket that mounts to the injection pump but never got around to it so this was the next best thing.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Dipstick tube support is about the only thing that I can think of that the engine cover
actually does. After 6+ years since I had to replace mine, be careful how you use it,
has worked so far for me. Like J_dude I keep meaning to support it with cable ties or
similar, mebbe if and when it breaks again,,,,,,,,

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
I would just get gloss white paint and do all the letters.
Hmmm.
VW has colors for the horse power of the engine (if I understand it correctly).
I might choose that color.
I think my 2014 JSW is blue.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
Dipstick tube support is about the only thing that I can think of that the engine cover
actually does. After 6+ years since I had to replace mine, be careful how you use it,
has worked so far for me. Like J_dude I keep meaning to support it with cable ties or
similar, mebbe if and when it breaks again,,,,,,,,
i haven't had any engine covers in 16+ yrs, never a broken dipstick tube....