Anyone have a alh nozzle slide hammer i could borrow

TOPH R

Veteran Member
TDI
Stupid GMC 2500HD non diesel :(
Went to try to play with (likely ruin) the 03 wagon I just picked up...and low and behold those injectors are stuck stuck...lol

Before I buy or make one...anyone still have a slide hammer kicking from the alh days?

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
Loaned mine out and it never came back. I think I have a spare set of injection lines i could weld up another adapter for my slide hammer. I'm in Tavistock.

TOPH R

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey Windex That would be awesome if I could borrow yours.

Uberhare I appreciate the offer!

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Found it in the basement. It's a cheap princess auto puller with an adapter I welded together to fit ALH nozzles. You're welcome to borrow it.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
The Metalnerd one looks pretty puny.

Back in the day there was one floating around the local community with a 2lb hammer. I can remember taking turns whaling away on a couple of high mileage ALH injectors that really didn't want to come out but eventually succumbed. I doubt a smaller hammer would have got 'er done.

TOPH R

Veteran Member
TDI
Going to give the one that belongs to windex a try...shes got 450 on her, and they have never been out lol...so I have been soaking them with deep creep!

Do you fellas think once they are out...before I install the new nozzles (bosch .205) that I should throw the injectors whole into my ultrasonic cleaner in some cleaner of some sort?

Or probably safer to just clean the outside of them, and then be good and sanitary when switching over...

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Once you pull the injectors out keep them wet with fuel, and there is no good reason to ultrasonic clean.
The person that will do your nozzles will clean them too.
Do you plan on doing the nozzles yourself? Don't. Send them to Franko6. Problem solved.

burn_your_money

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle, 96 B4V, 05 Passat wagon
I’m amazed those slide hammers work. I built my own using a AHU flywheel for the hammer and there were many injectors I couldn’t get out over the years.