Recent content by VWannabe

1. V

3 pin harness on AHU injection pump

I wanted to get the part #(s) of the 3 pin injection pump harness and the wire size going into this from the main engine electrical connector. All 3 of my wires are chafed and needed to be replaced. I don't know what other wires might be chafed but I will need to look. The dealer does sell...
  2. V

Torque values for suspension?

I am going to be replacing the shocks on my 1997 Jetta TDI soon and need to know the torque values for the both upper and lower nuts. I have searched the forums and elsewhere and cannot find anything for the MkIII. Anybody have a reference or know the values?
  3. V

Remove A3 Jetta rear parcel shelf

I am going to be replacing my rear shocks and need to gain access to the shock mounts under the rear parcel shelf. Does anybody know how to do this? VWvortex is down right now or I would look there as they have a lot of write-ups and how-tos. I cannot seem to figure it out. Hopefully it is...
  4. V

polyurethane swaybar bushings

I was wondering if anyone has tried poly bushings for the stabilizer bar? I need to replace mine and am thinking of doing this. Anybody have any experience with this? Also, what size is the stabilizer bar in a 1997 Jetta TDI?
  5. V

injection pump replacement

injection pump compatibility and replacement I have a 1997 Jetta TDI with a 1Z engine in it (according to the label in the trunk). I think my injection pump is failing and I need to get a replacement. I have read some stuff on this forum about making sure the replacement pump is compatible...
  6. V

Fuel line check valve plugged and stopped my car

Yesterday I cleaned my intake, although I had actually bought one and cleaned it first and just swapped out intakes. Anyway, after everything was back together and I went for a drive, the car cut out on me. I got it restarted but this kept happening over and over until finally the car quit. I...
  7. V

Question about MAF readings in VCDS

I have a 1997 Jetta tdi that I had the timing belt changed a little while ago. It seems that in the past month to 6 weeks, shortly after the TB change, the car seemed to be low on power. I did some VCDS readings on the MAF and the readings at warm idle did not go up after a few minutes and at...
  8. V

Intermediate shaft seal and O-ring

It has become that time again where I need to have my timing belt replaced. I have looked at kits on both metamanparts.com and dieselgeek's site and they are both identical except for the intermediate shaft seal and O-ring. I wanted to know if this was essential to replace. I don't know if I...
  9. V

VW cluster issues

I have been having some problems with my gauge cluster for some time. I have replaced the ignition switch twice, to no avail, and also checked the grounds. Below is a quote from someone asking for help with this same issue (from another website). My symptoms are exactly the same as his and I...
  10. V

WTB A4 CCV "hockey puck"

No longer needed.
  11. V

New biobased motor oil

Here is a pdf sheet on a new 5W-40 biobased motor oil available now. I am not an expert on reading the finer details of this and wanted some more opinions as to the efficacy of this in our applications. Here are also a couple of threads about it from other websites...
  12. V

Fuses for instrument cluster in 1997 Jetta TDI

I am having some problems with my instrument cluster resetting and wanted to check the fuses for it. I have done a search on this but did not find anything for the Mk3 TDIs. I did see a post that referenced fuse #21 but I don't know if that is applicable to A3s or not. If this does not work...
  13. V

2.0 TDI in Atlanta, GA

I just saw a 2.0 TDI in the business park I work in. The business park is located on the southbound side of I-85 between Clairmont Road and North Druid Hills on the access road. The car is black with Alabama plates and has 2.0 TDI on the back and a little "DIESEL" emblem on the driver's side...
  14. V

Cool new hybrid

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/08/the_hybrid_mini.php This company took a Mini and converted it to a plug-in hybrid with the electric motors in the wheels. 160 HP per wheel for 640 HP total. Small gasoline engine is used for battery recharge only. Range of 200-250 miles on all electric...
  15. V

WTB AC Compressor for 1997 Jetta TDI

My AC is not working right and it has been diagnosed as a compressor issue. Where is the best place to get an AC compressor for these cars? Do they use the same compressor as the later models, hence I could just look up that?