Recent content by TAK1973

1. T

Sold my TDI

My Scangauge is up for sale on eBay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160169444892&rd=1
  2. T

FS: Scangauge II

Please see eBay auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160169444892&rd=1
  3. T

Sold my TDI

Just for everyone's information, here's the problems I had with my car: Replace rattling sunroof & frame Replace LF axle shaft (Oedeker clamp came loose) Replace both cooling fans Replace driver's seat frame (I only weigh 185) Repaint chipping front bumper Replace back seat armrest Sunroof...
  4. T

Sold my TDI

To all: I've decided to keep the Scangauge, and am giving the euroswitch to a friend. Best of luck to all...
  5. T

Sold my TDI

dieseldorf, My commute has recently been shortened, and I was able to get exactly what I owed on my Jetta trade-in. I found an 07 Grand Prix GT with 9000 miles on it for 16,500. Not near the economy, but twice the fun! (100,000 mile warranty, and pretty good reliability)
  6. T

Sold my TDI

Hello all. Just wanted to say thanks to the creators of this site for providing a great information source. I sold my TDI yesterday in exhange for something a little more reliable. My Jetta had been in the shop 11 times in the 1.5 years of ownership. Everything from CV joints to the sunroof...
  7. T

Question about radiator fan operation

Dealer replaced both fans for me today. The passenger side fan was defective. I suppose I should re-comment on my dealer service department. Since the oil issue I had earlier this year, they have been very helpful and professional with me. Praises to Greg in the service department at...
  8. T

LF, which fan? There are 2. My driver's side fan seems to be working properly.
  9. T

06, thanks for the reply. Based on what you said, I think maybe my main cooling fan is out. If the AC fan is the one that you hear speeding up & slowing down, then mine seems to be working fine. I have an appt at the dealer tomorrow to let them have a look. Have you ever seen the fan on...
  10. T

I noticed that the temp of the AC air seems to be warmer than it used to be while at idle (in traffic). The temp out of the vents will get up to near 80F, and then cool off while driving to about 55. Now, I know it's hot out, but the air used to be much cooler. I was under the hood and...
  11. T

Is this neccessary to replace axle bolts once you remove them?

Great, I noticed that the Oedeker clamp on my driver's side outer CV boot has come loose and is riding on the shaft. I have an appointment with my dealer on 7/19 to check it out, as it is still under warranty. I'm hoping they will opt to replace the shaft, and not just put another clamp on the...
  12. T

New Passat 2.0Tdi Hihline

Makes me sick...I would love to have one of the new Passats in a TDI.
  13. T

DSG Transmission - how does it work?

Tim, why would you even make these comments? Do you need to know how to tear something apart to wonder how it works? Just wondering why a "Veteran" Member would feel the need to attack someone like this. If FlyA's question offended you, it would have been easier to not comment than to be so...
  14. T

MKV Fuel Filter Replacement Procedure

Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone else noticed a 'fuel pump' type noise when unlocking the driver's door after sitting overnight? I noticed that when unlocking the car in the morning, I hear what sounds like the electric pump running for a few seconds.
  15. T

Houston TDI owners

Kraut, does your shop have ECu upgrades for the new Jettas? 06Vdubya, please stay the heck away from VW on 290. See my post on Houston driver's alert...