Recent content by StevenT

1. StevenT

New Crate engine CJAA

I'm looking for a new crate engine to replace my 2011 CJAA. My CJAA is still running good. It has 300k miles. I want to be proactive and have one ready to go. Does anyone have a good source?
  2. StevenT

Need Mechanic to replace Cam and Lifters on BEW

Thinking of going with a Colt Stage 2 Camshaft. Also of course TB replacement.
  3. StevenT

Need Mechanic to replace Cam and Lifters on BEW

Need Mechanic to replace Cam and Lifters on BEW located in Southwest Ohio. Recommendations?
  4. StevenT

Back behind the wheel of a TDI

IDParts.com Deisel Geek
  5. StevenT

Skid plate. Best and most reasonable options?

I installed this one on my MK6 Jetta a few months ago. https://www.idparts.com/heavy-duty-aluminum-skid-plate-mk6-jettabeetle-a3009-p-5372.html#product_tabs It might be more heavy-duty than the one listed above. It cost a little more but we usually get what we pay for. Either option is better...
  6. StevenT

CA Smog and Tune

CA is the world's 5th largest economy. With that in mind, somebody is going to figure out how to defeat CA's technology and make a killing $$$. IMHO.
  7. StevenT

Low Oil Pressure - BEW

We are going to pull the valve cover off this week and inspect. Pictures to follow.
  8. StevenT

Looking for 6 speed manual trans

http://www.dutchautoparts.com/gearboxes.php This guy has many in stock and he has good customer service.
  9. StevenT

Low Oil Pressure - BEW

We cleaned the oil pan thoroughly. How do you suggest we flush?
  10. StevenT

Low Oil Pressure - BEW

I have owned the car since 156K miles. I have not replaced lifters during my tenure and no mention in the Carfax report. Currently 218K miles. I'm not disputing your opinion at all. I'm just sharing the info I have.
  11. StevenT

Low Oil Pressure - BEW

We will do that. Thanks. I need all the help I can get
  12. StevenT

Low Oil Pressure - BEW

I'm not sure what they are. I'm just speculating. I'll gladly take all the advice anyone has on those pieces.
  13. StevenT

Low Oil Pressure - BEW

It had a catastrophic turbo failure 60K miles ago. I had it replaced by a repair shop in 2018. I'm thinking maybe they didn't flush the engine. I was a new TDI owner at the time and I drove it about 15 miles until it quit running. I know that's the worst thing to do now. What can I say I was green.
  14. StevenT

Low Oil Pressure - BEW

No, we didn't.