Recent content by Slowassjetta

1. Slowassjetta

05 BEW Jetta. No power, no codes

I checked all the connections and they are all in surprisingly good shape. Injectectors were place in their own bag in order on a workbench dedicated only to the car. Put them back in the order they came out. I even tried re adjusting them by putting it in full compression in the injector and...
  2. Slowassjetta

Stock turbo No codes at all. Never goes into limp mode either. I’m so lost. The Car ran great with occasional limp mode for actuator before it jumped timing.
  3. Slowassjetta

It was set at 0.0 I thought that to be the problem also but when I blip the throttle it goes to 0.5. And I set it at 1.0 just to see if it made a difference. No change at all. edit: I forgot to mention the wires to the actuator looked fine with no corrosion on the plug. Also checked the lift...
  4. Slowassjetta

I made sure it held vacuum. Before I installed it on the car. It starts moving at like 3” and stops around 18”-20” I forgot exact number.
  5. Slowassjetta

So my 05 BEW Jetta jumped timing a while back. Just got the car running again. The problem is the car stars right up (even on the cold days here is WI) can hear the turbo spool up and car revs to any rpm you want but under load has no power. Boost spikes at like 23 psi and holds a steady 15 psi...
  6. Slowassjetta

P2016 after egr and asv delete. 06 Jetta brm

I will have a look at that. Car is gonna get tuned on fri. I hope I can get this figured out. The body is rust free, all new suspension before he did the timing belt. Full gti interior. I’d be a shame to part it out.
  7. Slowassjetta

I bought the car as a parts car. The egr was already deleted. I would have at least left the asv in case of runaway? But It’s got new cam,lifters, tb kit. He gave up as he couldn’t figure it out. I’m new to the tdis but the price was right so I gave it a shot. I found that the Cam was out of...
  8. Slowassjetta

I have no power after the deletes. Do I need to have it tuned out? Or is there a way to get by with out having to tune?
  9. Slowassjetta

Jumped timing. Gotta pull the head. Is it worth upgrading the cam and lifters?

Piston definitely made contact as I heard it. So I have to pull the head and inspect the damage. Is it worth putting a better cam and lifters in with the rest of the engine being bone stock?