P2016 after egr and asv delete. 06 Jetta brm

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
why delete, it does not really do much of anything of a benefit other than lightening your wallet, keeping your engine from warming up as fast, violating federal emissions laws, and not to mention fairly pointless other than out of necessity. the days of high ash and sulfur content are gone like nearly no coke buildup, been that way for a while now.

Slowassjetta

TDI
05 BEW Jetta, 06 BRM Jetta
I bought the car as a parts car. The egr was already deleted. I would have at least left the asv in case of runaway? But It’s got new cam,lifters, tb kit. He gave up as he couldn’t figure it out. I’m new to the tdis but the price was right so I gave it a shot. I found that the Cam was out of alignment. I got it running good now just seems like it’s in limp mode all the time. That’s the Only code that is stored

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Are you sure that timing is correct?
Any time there is suspect on this area, I always advise a total look over and possibly replacment. You dont know if some bad brand stuff was used or how bad it was done. Later least double check it's all correct, not just the cam. Still need a tune though

Slowassjetta

TDI
05 BEW Jetta, 06 BRM Jetta
I will have a look at that. Car is gonna get tuned on fri. I hope I can get this figured out. The body is rust free, all new suspension before he did the timing belt. Full gti interior. I’d be a shame to part it out.