Recent content by Skydvr

1. S

FS: 2004.5 MkIV BEW Wagon Parts

Stripped a bunch of parts from my landlord's BEW MkIV wagon. Located in Amherst, MA. Most parts are available for delivery for the extra shipping cost. I've got more to list, so if you don't see something, ask. Headlights with fog lights. Lenses a bit hazy, but no cracks or crazing. Might be...
  2. S

2004 Jetta BEW Front End Collision Repair

Where in CT? I stripped a bunch of stuff off of my landlord’s wagon before sending it off to the scrap yard, so I’ve got some of the parts you’ll need. Bumper, grille, and fender (I’ll have to check which side I have) are blue though. Got the core support and structural portion of the bumper...
  3. S

What are normal ALH sounds while coasting? (5spd)

Is someone making a valve cover gasket for these now? The OE valve covers have a molded, non-replaceable gasket. Last I checked there wasn’t an aftermarket one available. The fix for a leaky gasket has always been to replace the valve cover with a new one or known good used one and hope the...
  4. S

Turbo options

Going to be getting the Jetta back on the road soon. I was having overboost issues before I lost 5th gear and parked the car for winter. I am debating my options for dealing with the turbo while I address a bunch of big maintenance items and replace the transmission. I have a 2.5” turbo back...
  5. S

What tires for 02 ALH Tdi?

He’ll have to pay sales tax anyway. Shipping them is “free”, but picking them up gets a $40 or $60 discount (I forget the exact value). He has CT as his location, so he may be close enough to the distribution center in East Windsor.
  6. S

Looking for part can't find anywhere

Did you get this resolved? I have a project at work that uses this connector, I remember finding a cross reference for a TDI. I can pull up the part numbers on Monday if you need me to. Finding US sources wasn’t easy (this is on a Chinese spec Cummins industrial 4 cylinder engine). I might...
  7. S

What tires for 02 ALH Tdi?

You can go pick them up from Tire Rack and save some money if you are anywhere near Bradley. I did really well with Continental Pure Contact. Actual all season tires. They held up well mileage wise, handled well in the rain and snow, pushed them a bit on windy backroads with no issues, fairly...
  8. S

knock off doors anyone?

Check your local laws as well. A lot of states have regulations regarding operating vehicles without doors or foors. If it wasn’t designed that way from the factory, it isn’t allowed. Safety concerns for all the reasons stated above. Half doors or tube doors would be interesting. You are still...
  9. S

99.5 MKIV Jetta part out - Louisiana

Interested in the hard lines from the injection pump to the injectors if they are available.
  10. S

WTB: Mk4 slave cylinder

I can pull one off a 2005 if you are still looking for one. Car will be gone on Monday or Tuesday though.
  11. S

WTB, borrow, or rent: MkIV timing belt tools

Tearing the engine down to reseal and do a timing belt with all the goodies on my ALH. Looking to buy, borrow, or rent the tools that are necessary. If you are getting out of VW’s and need to offload the VW specific tools, I’m interested in most things for the MkIV and MkVI.
  12. S

MKIV Skidplate or Belly Pan

I’ll have to check the condition later today when I get home, but I know I have one from my landlord’s Jetta wagon that I am prting out. I do not recall if that is the one off their Golf that smacked an island in the road and got flattened out a little bit, or if it was the one from the wagon...
  13. S

Partout: 2004.5 Jetta Wagon __ Western MA

Someone was already requesting the rear hatch. It is up to them if the light goes with the hatch.
  14. S

Partout: 2004.5 Jetta Wagon __ Western MA

Sorry for not being responsive the past week. Nothing going on during the week for months, start a time sensitive project and everything falls apart around me. Started getting back to the car lastnight. Getting back to PMs now. Just about have everything ripped out of the engine bay at this...
  15. S

2 Bentley manuals, mk3 1997-1999 Jetta, and mk4 1999-2005 for sale

Where in CT are you? I work in Windsor, but live in MA, up 91. I could possibly meet up to take it off your hands.