Recent content by rsperson

1. R

looking for best bank for buck VW diesel

Seems like I can get a beat-up 2009-11 Jetta and get a little more crazy. Looks like 300hp is not out of the question. If I find a good enough deal, bigger turbo, injectors, a few pipes, probably a pump, clutch and a major tune. Repairable/salvage and put the money where it counts. My...
  2. R

THANKS!!! thats EXACTLY the kind off info that I was looking for. I had friends with Diesel trucks and what was good and bad. Common rail was a good thing for them as well. Sounds like 2009+ for me. Now I can start reading about those cars.
  3. R

Oh - whats a PD Jetta
  4. R

doing a little more thinking.... I have access to a potentially larger pool of cars. I do occasional driving for a car broker. Most of the things he gets are more of a flipper type car. He also gets things that need just a little more work. Dealer wholesale, auctions etc. The big thing is...
  5. R

I have a 2002 Jetta/MK4 TDI with over 360k miles. I would like to start looking for a slightly more modern Jetta Diesel to mod - not 1/4 mile but more very good handling and performance - but streetable. A good candidate for simple mods and not cost too much to start. ie: do I want a MK5 or...
  6. R

Where to find the 04 center console thing?

wish I could find the "cap" that goes in the hole for the arm rest. Replaced my console with a junkyard pull that was virtually perfect - just needed to be cleaned, same color too :) fleabay is good for that. Just put a pair of washers under the right side of the handbrake mount to tilt it a...