Recent content by puredata

1. P

Auto -> 5Sp Swap

'03 is not PD. He found something (unknown what) and adjusted in vag com, everything is reset, no lights, and everything working. As I mentioned in original post, clutch was done at same time as swap. Everything sends smooth and engages properly (and car performs nicely now! ), but...
  2. P

Auto -> 5Sp Swap

Not yet, I am picking the car up this afternoon. The mechanic who did the swap (I gave him the printout for 'project kill da auto wabbit') mentioned that the article dropped off in saying anything about the ESP, so he assumed it would be a coding issue as well, so I was just hoping for insight...
  3. P

Auto -> 5Sp Swap

OK, so I took the plunge and did a 5sp swap on my wagon. Installed with the swap was a new Sachs G60/VR6 Clutch and Flywheel kit. Donor parts (tranny/axles/etc) came from my 2000 TDI. Original car (2000 Sedan) did not have ESP. Car that swap was done on (2003 Wagon) does have ESP. Since...
  4. P

Decals for TDI that climbed MT. WASHINGTON

I guess we start with the size people would like. I agree, those ones handed out were massive. Standard bumpers are 12"x3.5" or 12"x3" - once we get narrowed to a size, I can come up with some designs and get the ball rolling on making them?
  5. P

01M Surging Problem

Other than making it worse over time, is there any other damage or risk to the remainder of the car? At this point, I am thinking the swap is the long term answer. .. But to not take the car away from the wife first, maybe she just continues to drive until it goes kaput? I just don't want...
  6. P

01M Surging Problem

TCM already recoded to 012, no difference. The shop that suggested flush was $350 and a full drain, filter, flush and fill. I think that is what you are describing. The problem is not light throttle, even cruising with cruise control on, at 40, 50, or 60 ... All the same surging...
  7. P

01M Surging Problem

Hello! I am having some issues with my 01M. This is a 2003 TDI/Wagon, with 261,000km (162,000mi~). Purchased the car approx a month ago, problem started less than a week ago. Some slight flaring between upshifts (very intermittent), but fairly steady 'surging' at steady speeds. Seems like...
  8. P

Thanks, everybody!

Thanks, Dave... sent pm to ymz :)
  9. P

Thanks, everybody!

We had a blast, and looking forward to the next one! Would have had more fun if I was not busy worrying about my tranny... but... had a blast anyways :) On a good note, went with a co-worker last night to pick up her new-to-her '04 TDI/Wagon/5sp... after driving it, all I can say if... someday...
  10. P

Sleeping in car?

Lot 8 :D
  11. P

Decals for TDI that climbed MT. WASHINGTON

I remember reading about these decals before the event, but then did not see them on the event... anyways... I have a print shop, and can print some out if people are interested...
  12. P

Thanks, everybody!

First off, I am terrible with names, so if I forget a name, very sorry! Anyways... I'm happy to report that my car made it home, back to Ontario! On that note; many thanks to Chris for trying to help me figure out my failtronic transmission, and also to Jason for using my car during the...
  13. P

Weather

I just looked at forecast - now calling for 60% thunderstorms for tomorrow, and 40% thunderstorms for Sunday - is there any type of alternate/indoor plan, pending all day rain? Or should I just bring rain coats haha
  14. P

Carpooling thread

I'm leaving from Ontario (Near Belleville/Kingston) tonight.
  15. P

Afterfest - Saturday night in NH

I'm not much of a drinker, but not one to turn down a relaxing BBQ, either... if it's not too far from the Auto Road, count me (and my daughter) in for the after-event... actually, really surprised nobody else commented on this, so let me know if it's still on (if not, I'll likely end up cooking...