Recent content by Petesaguytdi

1. P

2005 to 1998 passat door swap vcds question

So, I have swapped rear passenger doors between two cars and was under the impression you should be able to see the coding for the modules, but neither car lets me see the modules, just says no module communication. I am using an old key-com dual k vagcom interface. Is this something that...
  2. P

JHM 5spd Solid shifter linkage issues - Heads up

Well I never did update this post. The Jhm setup is awesome, introduces a fair bit of transmission noise feeding through when you add the solid linkage, but to me more than worth it for how good it shifts. Definity recommended. I have switched to a 01E dqs 6 spd and working on a way to make a...
  3. P

BHW/01E 6 Speed Swap

Great point, as the Euro Passats that came with a factory six speed could be using a different subframe than our N. American version.
  4. P

BHW/01E 6 Speed Swap

Nice thanks, I was able to find the part numbers I listed out of lithuania. The numbers I listed will work, but their are a few different numbers for the same or similar parts I came across as well.
  5. P

BHW/01E 6 Speed Swap

Greetings 6 speeders, I was the one that did the six spd swap for MILESB, I am prepping another swap and as per Miles a few posts back there are a few items we could add to the parts list: Transmission support part numbers The last swap we used 8D0 399 114 AC and 8D0 399 113 AH for...
  6. P

Transmission ID help

thanks again Steve, it is a GQQ
  7. P

Transmission ID help

Thanks Steve, Ill take another look as the site I checked at said otherwise. I trust first hand experience in your case to be more accurate !
  8. P

Transmission ID help

https://photos.app.goo.gl/G2UdQhCWYweffzkz9
  9. P

Transmission ID help

Got a 0A4 5spd transmission but the model code FP15 seems to be a unicorn. Any one seen this code before. It's supposed to be from a 2006 TDI Jetta. Any insight is much appreciated.
  10. P

New Beetle 1J0907379G = 1J0907379P? ABS controller

Got a non responsive abs controller 1J0907379G in the car and have a replacement that is very close on the part number Not sure they are compatible with each other. Replacement is from an '03 Jetta. Beatle is an '03 Can't find anything definitive and hoping someone with a licensed etka or...
  11. P

Mystery part on 01E 6spd swap

Got the engine in and started with the 6 speed and seems to work fine. I was having deja vue that I'd seen this item in the past while working on vw's, but drawing blanks on where. Thanks for the affirmation, was just was worried maybe it went somewhere critical and if missed in assembly would...
  12. P

Mystery part on 01E 6spd swap

Anyone know what this part is/where it goes. My friend has me installing for him and I just don't recognize this piece or anywhere it might belong. It does not have a part number stamp The inner area is definitely tapered. So seems to be some kind of retainer. For size reference the bigger hole...
  13. P

2000 tdi jetta, cruise control not working.

Resolved So the fix in this case, to get the second digit ie 000011 was to replace the column turn signal assembly. I tried using contact cleaner in the original switch as per wingnut's write up, but no go. Reseated the ecu connectors, no go. Hope that helps others narrow down where that...
  14. P

all the appropriate lights come on but the one, so the field looks like 000001 when it should read 000011. The brake codes are 000 not active, and 011 when active. All switches are giving a 1 when toggled as indicated in the tables
  15. P

I'll print out the table and do another check to see and make sure that both break switch digits are working. but pretty sure they were.