Recent content by millere5815

1. M

///// What are your MPGs WITH Performance Mods .... IF driving conservatively ? /////

Yes, the multiple consecutive numbers are the mileage numbers at each mark on the fuel gauge. First number is when it finally moved off of full, last number is when the fuel light would turn on. I was a little anal on watching my fuel. At the time, I could almost tell how the weather was in...
  2. M

how many miles have you racked up on your TDI?

I personally put about 130k miles on mine (and lots of mods) before I sold it at 348k miles
  3. M

///// What are your MPGs WITH Performance Mods .... IF driving conservatively ? /////

Mine consistently got better with more power, even maintaining over 50mpg in out Ohio winters. You can read more about it if you click on the ecomodder banner in my sig. Lots of details there. Best mod I ever did was swapping to a 5 speed with a taller 5th gear.
  4. M

800 miles on one tank?

Best single tank I ever got with my 02 Jetta was 908 miles at 58mpg (highest ever mpg was 59.34). Lifetime average 49.4 Best single tank I ever got in my 02 insight was 789 mile at 70mpg after i finally fixed my faulty o2. then I sold it before running another tank, but that was on the way to...
  5. M

The most travelled Jetta?

Very nice. My Jetta has been with me in 45 of 50 states, and will hit 48 of 50 this year. Currently at 307k miles. How did you get yours to Hawaii, and how much did it cost?
  6. M

Nozzles and/or Tune for MPG

To the OP, if you are only going for a few more MPG, just slow down. When I started modding my Jetta, I did so with the intention of at least keeping the same MPG or better. I have had 3 tanks over 900 miles, and had 10 straight tanks over 800 miles. It is possible, but only if I keep my...
  7. M

November 2016 Mileage Thread

Driver: Millere5815 Miles: 745 Gallons: 15.011 Model Year: 2002 Model: Jetta Tranny: 5M w/ .658 Fuel Type: ULSD Driver: Millere5815 Miles: 615 Gallons: 12.143 Model Year: 2002 Model: Jetta Tranny: 5M w/ .658 Fuel Type: ULSD Driver: Millere5815 Miles: 849 Gallons: 15.986 Model Year: 2002 Model...
  8. M

***The Driving Game*** - picture scavenger hunt v2

Lets see if we can get this thing going again. Thanksgiving here to approching, so..... Next Challenge: (#1935) Your TDI with a live Turkey or Pig (we eat ham and turkey here)
  9. M

October 2016 Mileage Thread

Driver: millere5815 Miles: 1575 Gallons: 30.85 Model Year: 2002 Model: Jetta Tranny: 5M w/ .658 Fuel Type: ULSD
  10. M

Not sure how far south you are heading, but I really enjoyed Zion National Park
  11. M

Where you heading? I just did a 9000 mile road trip about a month back during TDIfest
  12. M

September 2016 Mileage Thread

Driver: Millere5815 Miles: 9881 Gallons: 200.517 Model Year: 2002 Model: Jetta Tranny: 5M w/ .658 Fuel Type: ULSD Combined all of my tanks in September so that you wouldn't have 20 logs to input
  13. M

Every State West of Ohio

Wow, that's crazy. Small world indeed. I too graduated for Holgate Highschool
  14. M

Every State West of Ohio

No Problem. Update for everyone. I got home way before expected. Last night actually 9000 miles 14 days. Yellowstone got snowed out for me, and I was already a day ahead of schedule when that happened. Also missed Pikes Peak because of rain and low cloud cover. I will upload and share...
  15. M

Every State West of Ohio

http://www.carhammock.com