Recent content by Mdelfunt

1. vacuum reservoir on the valve cover

vacuum reservoir on the valve cover

This is a photo of the vacuum reservoir on the valve cover of my MK5
  2. M

Sharing my MK5 vacuum trauma fix

Hey all, this forum has always been helpful to me and I wanted to share a problem I found today on my 05 Jetta. I was getting intermittent Low boost codes and limp mode. I had changed my Turbo actuator a few months ago and thought it might be something associated with that. When testing vacuum...
  3. M

AC Compressor Control Valve Snap ring

Thanks runonbeer - when I try to PM you I get an error that says your over your quota for messages (something like that). I found that strange. Any suggestions?
  4. M

Yea, I ordered a kit with various sizes and will solve the issue that way. I thought suppliers of the RCV might have one but haven't found it yet.
  5. M

Team, I just acquired a 2005 Jetta TDI, 5 speed manual; 188k miles. On the way home the AC compressor Control Valve (RCV) blew out from the compressor, losing the Snap ring. I can buy another Valve but I can't find the Snap ring. Anyone know where I can get a new Snap ring or the specifications...
  6. M

New to TDI and have two issues I need help with

The valve is held in by a snap ring (some are held in by a bolt) but you can see it in the link below. Some people call this the RCV (refrigerant control valve) but it inserts into the compressor. https://www.polarbearinc.com/index.cfm?currentpage=1&fuseaction=category.display&category_id=953
  7. M

New to TDI and have two issues I need help with

Team, I just acquired a 2005 Jetta TDI, 5 speed manual; 188k miles. I'm a Mercedes CDI guy so this is my first VW. Issue #1 On the way home the AC compressor Control Valve blew out losing the lock retaining ring. I can buy another Valve but I can't find the retaining ring. Anyone know where I...