New to TDI and have two issues I need help with

Mdelfunt

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Team, I just acquired a 2005 Jetta TDI, 5 speed manual; 188k miles. I'm a Mercedes CDI guy so this is my first VW.

Issue #1
On the way home the AC compressor Control Valve blew out losing the lock retaining ring. I can buy another Valve but I can't find the retaining ring. Anyone know where I can get it or the specifications so I can find a replacement?

Issue #2
When The clutch peddle is NOT pressed, I hear a rattling or knocking noise when idling. Push in the clutch the noise goes away. Everything shifts fine. I've seen some documents that suggest Throwout bearing or Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF), or clutch/PP, or maybe all of them. I read that some are replacing the DMF with a SMF. If I go down the road of replacing stuff, which is preferred? I don't know whether this should be handled with urgency or not. I don't won't to tear up things but not looking for another project immediately.

Thanks guys!

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
For the clutch issue it could be either a failing DMF, which is bad, or It may have an aftermarket Corrado G60 flywheel and VR6 pressure plate, which was a common upgrade to the clutch, but they are noisy at idle.

Without hearing it, I can’t think of any way to tell what’s happening other than taking it apart.

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
What compressor control valve?

The control valve is internal. Nothing to blow out.

Are you referring to the relief valve on the back of the pump? I thought it was threaded.