Recent content by laundryeater

1. laundryeater

Appalachian Diesel Works - Asheville, NC

Just talked with him because he's checking out my car's AC. He's doing alright just covered up in work. Without a doubt the best mechanic around!
  2. laundryeater

2016, January 30 GTG at DanG144's Chapin, SC

I might be able to make this! Need to decide on bringing the 2000 Golf ALH or the 2015 Golf Sportwagen.
  3. laundryeater

VCDS help needed in South Florida

What kind of drop are we looking at? What tune did you get?
  4. laundryeater

Anyone go to Black Forest Industries (Cary, NC)

I have gotten things at BFI and have regretted buying most of them. The parts are made cheaply (Repeaters are popping out, side marker light lenses are melting, projector light pattern sucks). The salesman there doesn't seem to know what he's talking about either. I was shopping around for...
  5. laundryeater

Appalachian Diesel Works GTG, OCT 18th, 2014 - Leicester, NC

It's just about a shame it's wedding season. I'll be there in spirit. Maybe, just maybe I can make the first hour to help set up before driving out to Durham.
  6. laundryeater

Appalachian Diesel Works - Asheville, NC

Landon no longer wrenches from what I've heard. Daniel does a great job and yes, sometimes he gets backed up- but that's not a bad thing! Just make sure you plan ahead and schedule your maintenance with him. 2 timing belts and a head gasket have been done by Daniel and my Golf is still...
  7. laundryeater

Anyone near Central MS that can help with headlight replacement?

I was able to do the glass swap with a hair dryer- it worked just fine.
  8. laundryeater

Myrtle Beach, Sc

Check your vacuum lines. Might just have one pulled loose.
  9. laundryeater

Appalachian Diesel Works Fall 2013 GTG

It's like my overtime days are scheduled around days we have GTGs... I hope you all have a great time.
  10. laundryeater

GTG Chapin, SC Jan 26, 2013

My Saturdays have been KILLED by overtime but I really would like to see you all again. I'm at a point where I'm satisfied with my TDI so it's just oil changes for me in my future but I would love to help somebody wrench on theirs!
  11. laundryeater

Need help with Head Gasket question

I had to have mine replaced recently. The machinist took off enough for me to require two gaskets. The symptoms I had were coolant making it out of the pressure relief valve at the top of the coolant expansion tank and hard coolant lines (due to them getting pressurized).
  12. laundryeater

AC doesn't work

After going through the troubleshooting steps again and getting good readings I put the old fan control module back in and the AC started working! So I thought I had a bad FCM, replaced it, then discovered I had a bad pressure sensor and replaced that. The new FCM worked for a short time...
  13. laundryeater

AC doesn't work

Ok. The AC light does come on. Just no fans anymore. It's so frustrating that after replacing the pressure switch it began working but after sitting overnight it doesn't work anymore. I'm going to try to swap the fan control module with the one from my parents' car just to test.