Recent content by joesaiditstrue

1. joesaiditstrue

Noise after new TB, DPF delete, Stage 2 tune

already had the DMF done late last year, this isn't the same sound (I'll never forget the DMF rattle lol)
  2. joesaiditstrue

it's a lot louder than you can hear in the video, something is definitely going on. when I get the car back from the body shop (hit a massive 🦝) I'll pop the hood and rev it up so you can hear it more.
  3. joesaiditstrue

I'm just worried the shop that did the work didn't tighten something down all the way and it'll work itself loose, or that stage 2 tune is too much for the car being that it's fully stock
  4. joesaiditstrue

yeah already went through the failed DMF. lol what can I do to eliminate a knock or timing issue, can VCDS tell me anything? anything I can do to narrow it down. the noise only becomes apparent after the car is fully warmed up. I also hear it very audibly when slowing down to a stop when the...
  5. joesaiditstrue

honestly I don't think it's knocking, it sounds more harmonic, I know I have a lot of excess vibration since they installed the downpipe. I'm hoping it's just the exhaust noise coupled with vibration
  6. joesaiditstrue

It's a rattle or maybe a knocking noise. I can't think of a way to describe it other than that. Might need to wear headphones (I can hear it with my phone speaker when using the YouTube app)
  7. joesaiditstrue

Trying to figure out what this noise is. Car runs perfect, no CEL on the dash Had a stage 2 tune, DSG tune, timing belt, and DPF delete done about 2 months ago https://youtube.com/shorts/2ThUYy0bnGI I'm getting really good mileage since all of this stuff was installed, about 560miles range...
  8. joesaiditstrue

Engine vibration in Park after exhaust/TB+WP/Tune

Found a thread on vwvortex of people saying to upgrade the mounts on stage 2+ Maybe this rabbit hole is nearing it's end, I'm just hoping it's something simple like motor mounts and not something being installed wrong during water pump/timing belt that could cause catastrophic failure by...
  9. joesaiditstrue

I heard a metallic pop last week after pulling into the grocery store parking lot and shutting the car off. Couple days later driving down the road, thought it sounded like something fell off the car. So you think I should check the motor mounts. Honestly wondered what that noise was.
  10. joesaiditstrue

could the stage 2 tune introduce excess vibration for any reason?
  11. joesaiditstrue

And this vibration isn't like shaking or something, it's more like a high frequency buzzing that you can feel in the driver's seat. Seems to be starting from the motor. I've had a few people tell me check motor mounts.
  12. joesaiditstrue

Got my car back a few weeks ago from a shop that did a DPF/EGR delete, down pipe, and stock muffler, timing belt/water pump, as well as a stage 2 tune and DSG Tune Noticing some pretty obvious vibration now that I didn't have before, car is a lot louder as well Any ideas on what could be...
  13. joesaiditstrue

P2002 - Soot load only 10g

Getting new DPF, TB and water pump next week! $3700
  14. joesaiditstrue

DPF Delete Shops in Central IL? (Pekin/Peoria/Bloomington)

I'm leaning towards just installing a new DPF but I can't find a mechanic that's willing to do the job. My normal guy bailed on me. Said he's never done it and doesn't feel comfortable.
  15. joesaiditstrue

DPF Delete Shops in Central IL? (Pekin/Peoria/Bloomington)

I know that these threads can be a red flag so please delete (lol, get it?) if inappropriate.