Engine vibration in Park after exhaust/TB+WP/Tune

joesaiditstrue

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen 2.0L DSG
Got my car back a few weeks ago from a shop that did a DPF/EGR delete, down pipe, and stock muffler, timing belt/water pump, as well as a stage 2 tune and DSG Tune

Noticing some pretty obvious vibration now that I didn't have before, car is a lot louder as well

Any ideas on what could be causing this vibration? Car runs fine as far as I can tell, so I don't really have any ideas on what could be causing the vibration.

No dash lights have come on yet

Planning on taking the car back to the shop, but was curious if anyone had any suggestions I could have him check

Thanks

joesaiditstrue

Veteran Member
TDI
And this vibration isn't like shaking or something, it's more like a high frequency buzzing that you can feel in the driver's seat. Seems to be starting from the motor.

I've had a few people tell me check motor mounts.

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
check the heat shield in the trans tunnel.
Depending on how you remove the DPF, you could catch on it and bend it so that it's touching something.

There could also be a loose bolt at the downpipe to exhaust connection.

joesaiditstrue

Veteran Member
TDI
check the heat shield in the trans tunnel.
Depending on how you remove the DPF, you could catch on it and bend it so that it's touching something.

There could also be a loose bolt at the downpipe to exhaust connection.
could the stage 2 tune introduce excess vibration for any reason?

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
so there's a chance that it took an already worn dogbone bushing and finally caused it to perish... I know the dogbones in these cars are on the weak side and at stage 3 it's recommended to at least get an insert. But honestly that would be more of a clunking sound than a buzzing like you described.

joesaiditstrue

Veteran Member
TDI
so there's a chance that it took an already worn dogbone bushing and finally caused it to perish... I know the dogbones in these cars are on the weak side and at stage 3 it's recommended to at least get an insert. But honestly that would be more of a clunking sound than a buzzing like you described.
I heard a metallic pop last week after pulling into the grocery store parking lot and shutting the car off. Couple days later driving down the road, thought it sounded like something fell off the car. So you think I should check the motor mounts. Honestly wondered what that noise was.

joesaiditstrue

Veteran Member
TDI
Found a thread on vwvortex of people saying to upgrade the mounts on stage 2+

Maybe this rabbit hole is nearing it's end, I'm just hoping it's something simple like motor mounts and not something being installed wrong during water pump/timing belt that could cause catastrophic failure by continuing to drive it

can you see the motor mounts from under the hood on these cars? is this something I could check myself without a lift?