Recent content by Hamsterdiesel

1. Hamsterdiesel

100K miles... questions

I know that I have a timing belt service coming up...recommended interval is 130K. Are people waiting that long? Also, I was wondering about when guys are starting to see their stock clutch fail. It seems fine now, I just want to be prepared.
  2. Hamsterdiesel

Dealership Passat Battery Install

Hey BK - do you recall the mileage on your car when you had the battery replaced? I have just over 80K miles at exactly 6 years (Happy Anniverssary Passat!) Every once in a while I have to let it crank 1-2 times more than ususal. Thinking that it might be time...maybe wait until fall... BTW -...
  3. Hamsterdiesel

Manual gearbox oil change

Any recommendations on the mileage at which this is done?
  4. Hamsterdiesel

Manual gearbox oil change

Has anyone done this yet? Tips and tricks anyone? Recommended mileage for change?
  5. Hamsterdiesel

Ho5G GTG First of the year 2020 (will this be the last one?)

Hey guys - check it out! We have a food thread this year. Please visit it and let us know what you're bringing for eats/drinks. Everyone can plan better that way...:o THANKS!
  6. Hamsterdiesel

Ho5G 1/1/2020 Food Thread

Hi Guys! Little reminder here that we provide a warm garage, warm grill and bathroom facilities... it's up to you for food and drink! Please post here with your offerings to the Ho5G gods...and guests! I will most likely have Hamsterbrownies as usual...:D
  7. Hamsterdiesel

1-1-2019 ho5g gtg

It wasn't Jetter's, was it? :D:D:D
  8. Hamsterdiesel

1-1-2019 ho5g gtg

I don't think there will be a need for a separate food thread... That being said, check back often to see what might be needed! Right now I can tell you that plates, napkins and FORKS ONLY are needed. I have enough spoons and knives to dig to China.:( Food and drink are always a necessity!
  9. Hamsterdiesel

1-1-2019 ho5g gtg

DeeBee!!!:eek: So good to hear from you! A new continent, I see... Be careful of all those deadly critters there down under! Hope you had a wonderful christmas!
  10. Hamsterdiesel

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2 - First Impressions

11 days? Wow... did they say why?:eek:
  11. Hamsterdiesel

Ho5G food thread 1.1.18

Hamsterbrownies are in da house!
  12. Hamsterdiesel

Ho5G food thread 1.1.18

Hi guys - we need FORKS! We have knives and spoons for years to come... We could also use plates, and bowls for the chili... Thanks!
  13. Hamsterdiesel

Dec 1 - First Friday!

Oops - we're here now! That MB is fast!
  14. Hamsterdiesel

Dec 1 - First Friday!

Yes- that's the one!
  15. Hamsterdiesel

Dec 1 - First Friday!

Hello TDI peeps! I would like to call a First Friday for Dec 1 - let's go to Minado! http://www.minado.com/ It's been a long time since we've been there....and it's close enough to my birthday to call it a celebration (if you call getting older something to celebrate:eek:) I hope to see as...